EIT ICT Labs is the EIT’s Knowledge and Innovation Community with a focus on future Information and Communication Society. It breeds entrepreneurial ICT top talent by transforming higher education towards promoting innovation and entrepreneurial spirit. The KIC's Co-location Centres and mobility programs help bring people from different countries, disciplines and organisations together.
EIT ICT Labs' main mission is to Turn Europe into a global leader in ICT innovation. How?
- Networking and collaboration: EIT ICT Labs speeds up ICT innovation by bringing people together from different countries, disciplines and organizations via mobility programs and co-location centers. By developing and applying innovation catalysts, EIT ICT Labs leverage on existing regional, national and EU-level funding instruments to speed up innovation in Europe. Its catalysts focus on integrating the three elements of the knowledge triangle - Education, Research and Business.
- Education: it equips students, researchers, academics and business people with skills for applying creativity, risk-taking spirit and entrepreneurial capacity. It aims to empower top talents to lead Europe into a new ICT age.
The EIT ICT Labs builds upon Nodes (Berlin, Eindhoven, Helsinki, Paris, Stockholm and Trento), leading in ICT, and their partners representing global companies, leading research centres, and top universities.
Each Node has its unique profile within EIT ICT Labs but encompasses all aspects of the knowledge triangle. Each Action Line is coordinated through a specific Node.
These six focus areas are:
- Smart Spaces
- Smart Energy Systems
- Health & Wellbeing
- Digital Cities of the Future
- Future Media and Content Delivery
- Intelligent Mobility and Transportation Systems