EIT @ The Guild's Innovation in FP9: Empowering Europe's R&I Ecosystems
Which types of innovation should the European Innovation Council (EIC) support, and at which stage of technological maturity? How can the EIC stimulate venture capital and encourage investors to take the necessary risk? How can the European Institute of Innovation and Technology maximise its effectiveness as a meeting point of academia and industry? What role do universities play as knowledge generators, educators, business partners, and actors in civil society?
As the EU prepares for the next Framework Programme (FP9), join The Guild to discuss these questions with experts from some of Europe’s leading universities, representatives of the European Commission and EIT Interim Director Martin Kern .
The discussions will build on the policy paper "Bolstering Europe's innovation ecosystems: Research, creativity, and co-creation," which was published by The Guild on 22 February.
- 14.30 - 15.00: Registration
- 15.00 - 17.00: Panel Discussion
- 17.00 - 18.00: Networking reception
- Martin Kern, Interim Director of the European Institute for Innovation and Technology
- Stéphane Ouaki, Head of Unit B3 - SMEs, Financial Instruments and State Aid, DG RTD, European Commission
- Prof. Aard Groen, University of Groningen, Professor of Innovative Entrepreneurship, and Dean of the University of Groningen Centre of Entrepreneurship (UGCE), The Netherlands.
- Prof. Ulf Landegren, Uppsala University, Professor of Molecular Medicine at Uppsala University in Sweden, and also an award-winning entrepreneur and innovator.
- Anette Poulsen Miltoft, Aarhus University, Head of Corporate Relations and Technology Transfer at Aarhus University, Denmark. She is also a member of the Guild's expert group on innovation.
- Prof. Jan Palmowski, Secretary-General of The Guild