EIT Health & EURACAN: Conference on Sustainability and Innovation in Rare Cancer Management
The 2nd Annual EURACAN Conference
The European Rare Solid Cancer Reference Network (EURACAN) in collaboration with EIT Health's Rare Cancer KIC project is organising the 2nd Annual EURACAN Conference on "Sustainability and Innovation in Rare Cancer Management."
Prof Jean-Yves Blay, coordinator of ERN EURACAN and Professor of Oncology at the Centre Léon Bérard, and Prof Bass Hassan, Professor of Medical Oncology at Oxford University, will take participants through the latest updates in Rare Cancers and give them the knowledge and contacts they need to navigate this changing field.
EURACAN is gathering the largest stakeholder network of active EU centres involved in the management of patients with rare adult cancers. This conference brings together different branches of rare cancers, based on histological and organ of origin classifications. Participants are invited from all aspects ranging from rare cancer management, pharma, industry, patient advocacy groups, patients, and healthcare providers.
The Congress will cover multiple sessions over three days including:
- The Rare Cancer Pathway
- Facilitating communication between healthcare providers and patients
- Enabling technologies for Rare Cancer diagnosis, management and treatment
- Rare cancer drug development
- Payers, healthcare providers and patients’ perspectives
The speakers for 2018 include:
- Prof Pancras Hogendoorn, Professor of Pathology and Dean of the Leiden University Medical Centre
- Prof Ernst Hafen, Co-founder and President of the Board, MiDATA
- Dr Sandrine Marreaud, Head of Medical and Pharmacovigilance Department, EORTC
- Dr Hans Hofstraat, Vice President, Philips
- Dr Leila Luhesi, Associate Director- Clinical and Translational Research, Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- Prof David Capper, Professor of Molecular Neuropathology, Charite Berlin
- Dr Apostolos Tsiachristas, Senior Researcher in Health Economics, University of Oxford
- Kathy Oliver, Co-director and Chair, International Brain Tumour Alliance