Information Day - EIT 2014 Call for Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) Proposals
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) organised an Information Day on the topic of the 2014 Call for Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) Proposals.
The main objectives of the event was to provide participants with information on the Call and guidance to potential applicants in submitting high quality and successful applications.
During the day, the EIT’s mission and strategic priorities for the years 2014 to 2020 under the umbrella of Horizon 2020 was presented. Participants also got first-hand information on the underlying philosophy of the Call for Proposals, the evaluation process and the Call roadmap.
The KIC model and the principles for funding, monitoring and evaluating KICs were presented and in addition, detailed information was given on how to submit applications. Participants were provided with an opportunity to network and engage with the EIT.
Attendance of this event was open to all interested innovation stakeholders and registration was on a first come first served basis.
Photos from the event can be viewed in the Newsroom photo gallery.
The presentations that were given on the day covered a vast area of topics. These are listed below in chronological order:
- The mission and the priorities of the EIT from 2014 to 2020 - Alexander von Gabain, Chairman EIT Governing Board
- Presentation of the thematic areas, selection criteria and evaluation process - José Manuel Leceta, EIT Director
- Engaging with the EIT - Vasco de Oliveira Janeiro, EIT
- Financing for Impact - Dávid Tas, EIT
- Principles for Monitoring KICs - Romain Muller, EIT
- The Start-up Phase - Vasco de Oliveira Janeiro, EIT
- Submitting a KIC proposal - How to submit a proposal via the electronic system - Michal Gorzynski and Vasco De Oliveira Janeiro, EIT
The whole event was streamed live on the EIT website. Here is the video of "What makes a successful KIC? The underlying philosophy of the 2014 Call".
Further videos can be found on the EIT's Youtube Channel.
In a fringe session entitled "Synergies and Complementarities between the EIT, the KICs and other EU Policy and Funding Instruments" organised by DG EAC, the following presentations were also given:
- Research and Innovation
- Horizon 2020 Framework Programme / Research and Innovation initiatives in the field of Healthy Living and Active Ageing - Bernard Mulligan and Peter Wintlev-Jensen
- Horizon 2020 initiatives related to Raw Materials + EIP Raw Materials - Gabriele Morgante
- EIP Active and Healthy Ageing - Petra Leroy Cadova
- Entrepreneurship and business creation
- COSME programme - Gabriele Morgante
- Education and Training
- Policies and Initiatives - Lucia Recalde
- Regional policy and instruments