KIC Doctoral programmes
EIT Climate-KIC PhD Education
When academia and business come together, you can truly make a difference and initiate concrete action. This is why all EIT Climate-KIC's Ph.D. candidates work on solutions that either have a clear path to climate innovation or directly support one or more of EIT Climate-KIC's main climate change challenges.Students will participate in the Journey, an intensive climate innovation summer school and will:
- Discover how the latest climate change science is being transformed into new products and service,
- Explore the potential for commercialising their research or launching a start-up business venture with support from EIT Climate-KIC business coaches and our Greenhouse,
- Access mobility to enhance their research through collaboration with EIT Climate-KIC partners and the wider world,
- Be an integral part of the EIT Climate-KIC community.
For more information, please visit the EIT Climate-KIC PhD Education website!
EIT Digital Doctoral School
The Doctoral School offers an ICT Innovation programme where doctoral candidates acquire a mindset for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E). After graduation, these doctors will be commercially aware ICT leaders who understand current and future challenges, as well as the opportunities that these present to industry. To achieve this goal, the Doctoral School organizes a standardized I&E education that complements and enriches the doctoral studies of each candidate.
Elements of the Doctoral School on ICT Innovation
The Doctoral School on ICT Innovation features three specific elements:
- Hands-on Innovation and Entrepreneurship Education consisting of two phases; Business Competence phase followed by a Business Development Experience
- Mobility; six months of geographical mobility and six months of organisational mobility
- Thematic alignment of the I&E thesis to the Innovation Areas of EIT Digital
The specific implementation of the EIT Digital Doctoral School on ICT Innovation takes the form of "Doctoral Training Centers" (DTC). A DTC gathers a critical mass of PhD students around one or two thematic action lines to address scientific challenges backed by a strong participation with industrial partners.
For more information, please visit the EIT Digital PhD School website!
EIT InnoEnergy PhD School
Join the sustainable energy revolution and boost your personal and career prospects. Combine your current PhD studies with customised training in innovation and entrepreneurship. Positions throughout Europe. Mobility support included. The EIT InnoEnergy PhD School is tailored for students who have technical excellence together with a drive for Business and Entrepreneurship (B&E). Students are taken into the PhD programme of one of the universities in the EIT InnoEnergy consortium, or into a double-degree or joint-degree arrangement with a pair of them. The EIT InnoEnergy PhD School provides "added value" education and activities within B&E and mobility support within a world class alliance of top European universities, research institutions and companies.
The PhD School is organised in several tracks, each one with a specialty in one of the Colocation Centres of EIT InnoEnergy. Each track covers a full PhD education, complemented with industrial internships/experiences and an insight into the entrepreneurial aspects of modern and future energy technology. There are currently six tracks, of which 5 are running:
- Track "Sustainable Nuclear and Converging Technologies"
- Track "Smart Cities"
- Track "Energy from Chemical Fuels"
- Track "Sustainable Energy Systems for Renewables"
- Track "Smart Electric Grids and Storage"
- Track "Clean Coal Technologies" (to be opened)
For more information, please visit the EIT InnoEnergy PhD school website!
EIT Raw Materials
EIT RawMaterials’ PhD Education strand provides students with an outstanding foundation for their future career. Programmes enable students to strengthen their technical expertise while fostering the entrepreneurial and innovation skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to ensure a sustainable future for the raw materials sector. Strong links to industry, international mobility and a range of summer and winter schools add further value to the innovative programmes on offer.
The EIT RawMaterials Academy PhD portfolio currently includes two EIT-labelled programmes:
- IDS-FunMat-INNO – International Doctoral School in Functional Materials.
- NEAT Materials – website tbc
For more information on all of our PhD programmes and related courses, including those with the EIT label, please visit the EIT RawMaterials website.