About EU public procurement
Public procurement means the purchasing of works, supplies and services by public bodies at either national or Union level. EU public procurement plays an important part in the single market and is governed by rules intended to remove barriers and open up markets in a non-discriminatory and competitive way.
The objective of public procurement is to increase the choice of potential suppliers to public bodies, thereby allowing the EIT to achieve better value for money results, whilst developing market opportunities for companies. Public-sector purchasing decisions are based on best value for money or the lowest price secured through competition.
Public procurement within the European Union is governed by Directive 2004/18/EC, while the legal basis for EIT procurement is laid down in the Financial Regulation (FR1) and in its Rules of Application (RAP2) applicable to the general budget of the European Union.
All of the EIT’s procurement procedures are centrally managed by the Procurement Team to ensure consistency and coherence in the application of the rules and to guarantee that the principles of transparency, proportionality, equal treatment and non-discrimination are complied with.
Contact the Procurement Team at:
Neumann János utca 1E,
1117 Budapest, Hungary
Ex ante Notices
An ex ante notice on the provision of mobile telephone services can be found here.
- List of awarded contracts 2016
- List of awarded contracts 2015
- List of awarded contracts 2014
- List of specific contracts and order forms awarded under framework contracts in 2013
- List of awarded contracts 2012
- List of awarded contracts 2011
- List of Experts contracted by the EIT in 2016
- List of Experts contracted by the EIT in 2015
- List of Experts contracted by the EIT in 2014
Protection of personal data
Within the frame of procurement procedures, the EIT processes the personal data of the tenderers and contractors in accordance with Regulation (EC) 45/2001.
For more information, please read the privacy statement for public procurement.
- 1 Regulation of (EU, Euratom) No 966/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2012 on the Financial Rules applicable to the general budget of the Union and repealing Council Regulation (EC, Euratom) No 1605/2002
- 2 Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 1268/2012 of 29 October 2012 on the rules of application of Regulation (EU, Euratom) No 966/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the financial rules applicable to the general budget of the Union