European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT) will take part in European Research and Innovation Days, which is the European Commission’s annual flagship Research and Innovation event, bringing together policymakers, researchers, entrepreneurs and the public to debate and shape the future of research and innovation in Europe and beyond.
Check out our joint session "From lab to market – connecting research, technology and innovation" on 29 September at 11:00, Channel 3 co-organized with European Research Council (ERC) and the European Innovation Council (EIC).
The New European Innovation Agenda has a primary focus on deep-tech innovation. But how can scientific breakthroughs really make it from the lab to market? And what kind of ecosystem do we need to provide to ensure that researchers, entrepreneurs and investors have the right environment to turn Europe into an innovation hotspot?
This session will look at the complementary support provided by the ERC, EIC and the European Institute of Innovation and Technology for Europe to lead the wave of deep-tech innovation.
- Nektarios Tavernarakis, Chair of the EIT Governing Board
- Maria Leptin – President, European Research Council
- Mark Ferguson - Board member, European Innovation Council
- Prof. Jose Capmany, Professor of Photonics, The Polytechnic University of Valencia and co-Founder of iPronics, programmable Photonics
- Prof. Tim Houter – Delft University of Technology and co-founder of Hardt Hyperloop