As an integral part of Horizon 2020, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation, the EIT spurs innovation and entrepreneurship across the European Union.
To further enhance its impact and to incentivise the innovations needed to meet societal challenges, we’re continuing to expand our activities in 2016 by launching a call for two new Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs):
• EIT Food: ensuring a climate-resilient and sustainable global food value chain
• EIT Manufacturing: strengthening and increasing the competitiveness of Europe’s manufacturing industry.
Do you want to join us? Find out more about the EIT 2016 Call for KIC Proposals!
- Find the key documents for the EIT 2016 Call for KIC Proposals
- Send in your question via the contact page on eit.europa.eu
- October 2015: publication of the Selection Criteria
- November 2015: publication of the Framework of Guidance
- 14 January 2016: launch of the EIT 2016 Call for KIC Proposals
- 18 February 2016: Information Day in Brussels
- 14 July 2016: Closure of the 2016 Call for KIC Proposals
- 16-17 November 2016: Designation of the two new KICs “EIT Food” and “EIT Manufacturing”
The EIT, with a budget of €2.4 billion from 2014 to 2020, aims to create sustainable growth and jobs by boosting innovation and entrepreneurship in Europe. To this end, we’ve pioneered five dynamic, cross-border KICs that bring together leading universities, research centres and companies. Our existing KICs have been developing innovative products and services, generating new companies and training a new generation of entrepreneurs. We look forward to EIT Food and EIT Manufacturing joining us in November 2016!