EIT Urban Mobility is seeking an English and Latvian-speaking contractor already residing in Latvia (or part of a legal entity registered in Latvia) to run the Hub between 2023 and 2025.
All information, including the detailed scope of work, deliverables, and terms & conditions can be found here:
To apply, please complete the following:
Deadline for submissions: 3 April 2023 at 16.00 Central European Time.
Tasks included in the National Secretary position:
Internal communication and coordination (National Secretary, RIS Hub Community members and EIT KIC offices)
- Develop a good understanding of the EIT model and keep up to date with KICs' activities.
- Form good working relations with all EIT Community RIS Hub Community members, and other EIT KIC offices present in the same ecosystem both nationally and regionally.
- In consultation with the EIT Community RIS Hub Community members, and other EIT KIC offices present in the same ecosystem, establish a smooth and efficient working method which limits the administrative burden on the EIT Community RIS Hub Community members, and other EIT KIC offices, while supporting their minimum functions.
- Design an appropriate work method and necessary tools for information sharing / coordination to facilitate continuous information exchange between the Hub Community members, EIT RIS Hubs and other EIT KIC offices present in the same ecosystem both nationally and regionally.
- Set up and maintain a physical space, in a city accepted by the Cross-KIC Strategic Regional Innovation Cluster and the EIT, after having consulted with the national authorities, where local stakeholders, including EIT National Contact Points (NCPs), can physically, walk-in to obtain information on, as well as gain access to the EIT Community, while additionally, aiding with the EIT’s on-the-ground visibility and branding.
In the tendering stage of the procedure, pre-qualified applicants will be requested to share their ideas about the physical space of the National Secretary’s office – including a cost estimate – in their offer.
The Cross-KIC Strategic Regional Innovation Cluster can decide to use the offered option or to suggest hosting for the EIT Community Hub, if a better option is given.
Communication and dissemination
- The National Secretary serves as a centralised contact gateway for local stakeholders to the EIT Community as a whole, and refers stakeholders to contact persons within other relevant EIT KICs, best suited to support their needs;
- Collect information to share through applicable channels related the EIT KICs’ activities, events, results and opportunities of interest to local stakeholders with a view to their dissemination internally and externally;
- Coordinate and support the EIT RIS Hubs local joint communication efforts, including by: managing and updating the EIT Community RIS Hub website, in the local language, with information on EIT Community activities and opportunities, including dedicated sections targeted towards specific stakeholders, including, students, start-ups, national authorities and so on; facilitating the organisation of EIT Community awareness-raising events, including possible open days within the context of INNOVEIT (the EIT’s annual innovation forum), and coordinating and supporting the participation of EIT Community representatives in relevant national events;
- Coordinate the collection of local funding opportunities and relevant key national events and bring these to the attention to the local Hub Community members, EIT RIS Hubs and other EIT KIC offices.
- Scout for and recommend to the EIT KICs opportunities to implement joint projects financed through other EU / national / regional funds including the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) and Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA III);
- Contribute to, support and where appropriate, with the agreements of the EIT KICs, lead any horizontal exploratory efforts towards securing co-funding opportunities, including securing meetings with relevant national / regional authorities and facilitate the preparation for the submission of joint proposals for national / regional funding in case of general Cross-KIC actions;
- To the greatest extent possible, ensure a coordinated approach amongst the EIT KICs’ RIS Hubs towards national authorities including relevant NCPs and Managing Authorities.
- Identify the need for and facilitating the implementation of shared services for Hub members with a view to improve efficiency.
- Suggest and support, including, where appropriate and with the agreement of the EIT KICs, lead, the implementation of possible joint activities amongst the EIT KICs, to be implemented nationally and / or regionally, aligned with relevant RIS3 priorities.
Local intelligence gathering
- At the request of the EIT KICs, support any necessary updating of the local country‐specific roadmap and support with their implementation, as appropriate.
- Upon request, provide additional support to the EIT and the EIT KICs with navigating the local innovation landscape, including by contributing to the development of EIT maps/ecosystem mapping.
- Any other tasks mandated by the EIT Management which, in principle, supports the EIT RIS Hubs to contribute to the achievement of the EIT’s objectives and implementation of its Strategy and Annual work programmes.