The EIT has created eight Innovation Communities that bring together over 1 000 partners from leading business, education and research organisations across Europe. The EIT Community has:
- supported more than 3 200 ventures
- generated more than 1 170 new products and services brought to the market
- educated a new generation of entrepreneurs with over 3 100 graduates from its entrepreneurial education programmes
- created more than 13 000 jobs
- raised more than EUR 3.3 billion in external investment
- created more than 60 Innovation Hubs across Europe
As well as this, the EIT has set up activities for budding and established entrepreneurs and innovators across Europe, such as EIT higher education programmes, business creation and acceleration services, innovation driven research projects as well as outreach programmes, including the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS).