The EIT has created eight Innovation Communities that bring together over 1 000 partners from leading business, education and research organisations across Europe. The EIT Community has
- supported more than 1 217 business ideas
- powered over 1 260 innovative start-ups and scale ups
- generated more than 640 new products and services brought to the market
- educated a new generation of entrepreneurs with over 1 700 graduates from its entrepreneurial education programmes
- created more than 6 100 jobs
- raised more than EUR 890 million in external investment
As well as this, the EIT has set up activities for budding and established entrepreneurs and innovators across Europe, such as EIT higher education programmes, business creation and acceleration services, innovation driven research projects as well as outreach programmes, including the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS).