Working at the EIT is characterised by a high level of professionalism and efficiency. We believe in each staff member’s contribution to making the EIT a good place to work with a strong team spirit. We offer the opportunity to be an important part of a fast-growing European Institute. The EIT also offers an international working environment and good possibilities for training and development.
Recruitment policy: the EIT’s recruitment policy aims to select well-qualified staff with a high degree of professionalism. To achieve this goal, our selection procedures are streamlined to guarantee maximum transparency and equal treatment for all candidates. As a body of the European Union, the EIT’s conditions of employment abide by the Staff Regulations of Officials of the European Communities and Conditions of employment of other servants of the European Communities.
The EIT offers fixed-term contracts (three and five-year contracts with the possibility of renewal), competitive salaries and attractive additional benefits in line with those of European Union civil servants.
Career Opportunities at the EIT Headquarters
Vacancy notices published by the EIT include main responsibilities, required competences and skills, eligibility criteria, contractual conditions, and instructions for the submission of applications. Where a call for expressions of interest is open, it is possible to apply online. Please read the job application instructions before applying and apply only to posts that match your qualifications and work experience.
Please note that the EIT is unable to consider any unsolicited applications. We can only consider applications that relate to selection procedures published on this website. Unsolicited applications will not receive any response.
Interim positions arise from time to time at the EIT. The EIT currently procures interim services through Starjobs Hungary Limited based in Budapest.
IMPORTANT: If you are interested in working as an interim at the EIT, please send your CV (Europass format) directly to Starjobs at the following email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strategy Project Support Officer
until 31 December 2021
Salary: from 1 000 000 HUF gross
- Provide the Strategy and Impact Unit with content and project administrative support in implementing relevant activities on strategic steering of KICs (governance of KICs, multi-annual performance, analysis of Strategic Agendas, support to implementation of the Regional Innovation Scheme, etc.)
- Support in monitoring, including extracting and collecting relevant related information from the KICs annual reports and help in data and information collection from the KICs
- Support the preparation of procurement procedures and contracting of experts
- Support with monitoring the implementation of bilateral
- Memoranda of Understanding with Member States (including, reporting on progress and drafting of the annual implementation Action Plans)
- Provide the Strategy and Impact Unit with support in the organisation of events
- Experience in strategy development of EU programmes
- Previous experience with drafting reports, concept papers and analytical documents
- Completed university degree
Excellent/ Proficient command of the English language (C1 Level based on the Common Framework of Reference Languages)
Computer literacy and in particular good knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office and Internet
Other skills and competencies:
- A pro-active and dynamic working attitude;
- Ability to work well in multicultural teams
- Ability to draft concept papers and analytical documents
- Ability to work under pressure and with strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Traineeships at EIT Headquarters
Traineeships at the EIT are addressed mainly to young university graduates, without excluding those who - in the framework of lifelong learning - have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
The aim of traineeships at the EIT is to:
- Provide trainees an understanding of the objectives and activities of the EIT
- Enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work at the EIT Headquarters
- Promote European integration through active participation to create awareness of true European citizenship
- Enable trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, and in particular in their specific areas of competence
Rules and Forms for Travel Reimbursement
- Rules for reimbursement of Travel Expenses
- Application form for reimbursement
- Legal Entity Form
- Financial Identification Form
- Check list of documents for travel reimbursement
- Instruction for medical examination
Personal data protection
The processing of personal data of the candidates follows the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC1.
For more information on processing personal data regarding staff selection and recruitment procedures, please read the privacy statement.
For more information on processing personal data regarding selection and recruitment of trainees, please read the privacy statement.