Working at the EIT is characterised by a high level of professionalism and efficiency. We believe in each staff member’s contribution to making the EIT a good place to work with a strong team spirit. We offer the opportunity to be an important part of a fast-growing European Institute. The EIT also offers an international working environment and good possibilities for training and development.
Recruitment policy: the EIT’s recruitment policy aims to select well-qualified staff with a high degree of professionalism. To achieve this goal, our selection procedures are streamlined to guarantee maximum transparency and equal treatment for all candidates. As a body of the European Union, the EIT’s conditions of employment abide by the Staff Regulations of Officials of the European Communities and Conditions of employment of other servants of the European Communities.
The EIT offers fixed-term contracts (three and five-year contracts with the possibility of renewal), competitive salaries and attractive additional benefits in line with those of European Union civil servants.
Career Opportunities at the EIT Headquarters
Vacancy notices published by the EIT include main responsibilities, required competences and skills, eligibility criteria, contractual conditions, and instructions for the submission of applications. Where a call for expressions of interest is open, it is possible to apply online. Please read the job application instructions before applying and apply only to posts that match your qualifications and work experience.
Download the guide for applicants
Please note that the EIT is unable to consider any unsolicited applications. We can only consider applications that relate to selection procedures published on this website. Unsolicited applications will not receive any response.
Interim positions arise from time to time at the EIT. The EIT currently procures interim services through Starjobs Hungary Limited based in Budapest.
IMPORTANT: If you are interested in working as an interim at the EIT, please send your CV (Europass format) directly to Starjobs at the following email addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data entry and financial initiation of invoice and claims on Title 2 in ABAC
- Back-up data entry and financial initiation for Title 3
- Back-up for MIPs and NEO;
- Recording legal commitments in ABAC
- LEF/BAF registrations
- Management of ARES workflows
- Management of VAT certificates for contractors
- Management of physical archives for FIN
- General administrative support to Finance team and the Head of Unit Administration
- Finance Related
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma or secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate relevant professional experience of at least two years
- Proficient command of the English language
- Computer literacy and in particular good knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office and Internet
Other skills and competencies:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Traineeships at EIT Headquarters
Traineeships at the EIT are addressed mainly to young university graduates, without excluding those who - in the framework of lifelong learning - have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
The aim of traineeships at the EIT is to:
- Provide trainees an understanding of the objectives and activities of the EIT
- Enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work at the EIT Headquarters
- Promote European integration through active participation to create awareness of true European citizenship
- Enable trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, and in particular in their specific areas of competence
Download the rules governing the Traineeship Scheme at the EIT
Rules and Forms for Travel Reimbursement
- Rules for reimbursement of Travel Expenses
- Application form for reimbursement
- Legal Entity Form
- Financial Identification Form
- Check list of documents for travel reimbursement
- Instruction for medical examination
Personal data protection
The processing of personal data of the candidates follows the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC1.
For more information on processing personal data regarding staff selection and recruitment procedures, please read the privacy statement.
For more information on processing personal data regarding selection and recruitment of trainees, please read the privacy statement.