Working at the EIT is characterised by a high level of professionalism and efficiency. We believe in each staff member’s contribution to making the EIT a good place to work with a strong team spirit. We offer the opportunity to be an important part of a fast-growing European Institute. The EIT also offers an international working environment and good possibilities for training and development.
Recruitment policy: the EIT’s recruitment policy aims to select well-qualified staff with a high degree of professionalism. To achieve this goal, our selection procedures are streamlined to guarantee maximum transparency and equal treatment for all candidates. As a body of the European Union, the EIT’s conditions of employment abide by the Staff Regulations of Officials of the European Communities and Conditions of employment of other servants of the European Communities.
The EIT offers fixed-term contracts (three and five-year contracts with the possibility of renewal), competitive salaries and attractive additional benefits in line with those of European Union civil servants.
Career Opportunities at the EIT Headquarters
Vacancy notices published by the EIT include main responsibilities, required competences and skills, eligibility criteria, contractual conditions, and instructions for the submission of applications. Where a call for expressions of interest is open, it is possible to apply online. Please read the job application instructions before applying and apply only to posts that match your qualifications and work experience.
Please note that the EIT is unable to consider any unsolicited applications. We can only consider applications that relate to selection procedures published on this website. Unsolicited applications will not receive any response.
Interim positions arise from time to time at the EIT. The EIT currently procures interim services through Starjobs Hungary Limited based in Budapest.
IMPORTANT: If you are interested in working as an interim at the EIT, please send your CV (Europass format) directly to Starjobs at the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Salary: from HUF 750 000 gross
- Registration and administration of incoming invoices, reimbursement requests, and cost claims in the European Commission’s financial system (ABAC)
- Initiate financial transactions (commitments, payments, recovery, regularisation, de-commitments, budget transfers) related to operational and administrative expenditure of the Agency
- Follow-up on the financial implementation of commitments, preparation of de-commitments and ensure timely closure of administrative commitments
- Back-up to Mission coordinator, to check missions orders and mission claims
- Contribute to financial processes and procedures of the Agency
- Liaise with external providers on any financial aspects
- Advise and support on any financial matters to Agency’s staff
- Take on additional tasks as required in the interest of the service
Three (3) years of relevant professional experience
Degree in Finance/economics/accounting/ administration
Thorough knowledge of the English language
Professional knowledge of applications such as MS Office package (mainly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Other skills and competencies:
- Ability to manage own workload and work without close supervision
- High degree of organisational skills, accuracy and ability to analyse, compile and summarise complex financial information
- Ability to remain effective under a heavy workload and to meet programmatic deadlines consistently regardless of working environment’s changes and to prioritise the most important tasks
- Takes responsibility and initiative for delivering work to a high standard quality within set procedures and workflows; show clear stakeholders orientation (internal and external)
until 31 December 2021
Salary: from HUF 1 000 000 gross
- The interim staff should supervise the development, implementation of communication materials, with the support of external contractors as appropriate, with a special focus on social media
- Conducting background and market research (including audience mapping)
- Design and development of communications material (in particular, video, animations and social media)
- Contributing to the production of visual content for dissemination across EIT channels
- Support the organisation of related events such as webinars, info sessions, Award ceremonies
Ability to demonstrate experience of above tasks through various professional experience
Completed Bachelor university degree
Excellent/Proficient command of the English language (C1 Level based on the Common Framework of Reference Languages)
- Good knowledge of social media channels and tools
- Computer literacy and in particular excellent knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office and Internet
Traineeships at EIT Headquarters
Traineeships at the EIT are addressed mainly to young university graduates, without excluding those who - in the framework of lifelong learning - have recently obtained a university diploma and are at the beginning of a new professional career.
The aim of traineeships at the EIT is to:
- Provide trainees an understanding of the objectives and activities of the EIT
- Enable trainees to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work at the EIT Headquarters
- Promote European integration through active participation to create awareness of true European citizenship
- Enable trainees to put into practice knowledge acquired during their studies, and in particular in their specific areas of competence
Rules and Forms for Travel Reimbursement
- Rules for reimbursement of Travel Expenses
- Application form for reimbursement
- Legal Entity Form
- Financial Identification Form
- Check list of documents for travel reimbursement
- Instruction for medical examination
Personal data protection
The processing of personal data of the candidates follows the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC1.
For more information on processing personal data regarding staff selection and recruitment procedures, please read the privacy statement.
For more information on processing personal data regarding selection and recruitment of trainees, please read the privacy statement.