The EIT is now organising a call for expressions of interest with a view to establishing a reserve list for Contract Staff (CA) for the profile of Finance Officer. The place of employment will be Budapest, where the EIT seat is located. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Reporting to the Head of Administration Unit, the Finance Officer will work in the Finance and Budget Section, contributing to the effective implementation of the EIT’s Annual Work Programme by establishing and maintaining efficient financial systems and procedures as well as control mechanisms to support the smooth running of the EIT operations and ensure compliance with EIT administrative and financial rules and procedures. The Finance Officer will provide advice and training to the operational units, adapt financial procedures to the needs of the EIT and ensure that financial procedures and contracts are legally sound (carrying out ex-ante control).
The Finance Officer will contribute to the EIT’s work by performing the following tasks and activities:
- Ensure legality and regularity of financial transactions by verifying the respect of the EU and EIT Financial Regulations and related internal rules and procedures.
- Initiate and verify financial transactions including commitments, payments and orders.
- Support the Budget Officer in budget reporting and monitoring of the budget implementations.
- Contribute to the EIT’s financial reporting and prepare replies to queries from EIT management and auditors (European Court of Auditors, Internal Audit Service of the Commission).
- Contribute to the development and implementation of financial procedures and the elaboration and updating of model documents.
The jobholder may be asked to carry out any other tasks, corresponding to the profile and grade, as deemed necessary in the interest of the service.
Vacancy details, eligibility and steps to apply can be found in the vacancy notice below.