EIT Food online course: The Truth Behind Food Headlines
Learn how to find reliable, scientific information about food and nutrition and identify the truth behind food headlines.
Join the course for free
What topics will you cover?
- How to analyse a headline by understanding the biases that we, as readers, bring to our understanding of food and nutrition stories.
- Become familiar with the journalist’s perspective, the agenda behind the story and the hooks used to make readers interested.
- Discover how to find out about the original science the story is based on and understand how to interpret the results of the research.
- Learn about the regulations surrounding food and nutrition and where to find reliable sources of information.
- Understand the processes of publishing scientific articles
- Use tools that help identify unreliable sources of information