For a strong, digital Europe.
EIT Digital is a leading European digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organisation driving Europe’s digital transformation.
EIT Digital delivers breakthrough digital innovations to the market and breeds entrepreneurial talent for economic growth and improved quality of life in Europe. It does this by mobilising a pan-European ecosystem of almost 200 top European corporations, SMEs, start-ups, universities and research institutes.
EIT Digital is focused on entrepreneurship and is at the forefront of integrating education, research and business by bringing together students, researchers, engineers, business developers and entrepreneurs. This is done in a pan-European network of co-location centres in Berlin, Eindhoven, Helsinki, London, Paris, Stockholm, Trento, as well as in Budapest and Madrid. EIT Digital also has a hub in Silicon Valley. Its head office is located in Brussels.
Watch Willem Jonker, CEO of EIT Digital, in a Tech Talk with Anu Deshpande, in Silicon Valley.
Investing in strategic areas
EIT Digital invests in 5 strategic areas to accelerate the market uptake of research-based digital technologies focusing on Europe’s strategic, societal challenges:
- Digital Industry – Improve efficiency in production and retail, to better address customer needs, and to help save natural resources in manufacturing and logistics
- Digital Cities – Deployment of disruptive digital information, mobility and safety services in cities
- Digital Wellbeing – Digital Solutions that help slowing down the growth of healthcare expenses while maintaining the quality of life during working life and at higher age
- Digital Infrastructure – Providing secure, robust, responsive and intelligent communications and computation facilities
- Digital Finance – Create innovative tools and services to help the finance industry’s digital transformation
The EIT Digital Academy delivers in three pan-European schools a unique blend of the best of technical excellence and entrepreneurial skills and mindset to digital engineers and entrepreneurs at all stages of their careers.
Graduates receive digital entrepreneurial education via the EIT Digital Master School, the industry embedded, market focused doctorates are provided via the EIT Digital Doctoral School, and those already working within industry can keep abreast of current developments and help their organisation innovate and succeed via enrol the EIT Digital Professional School.
Support for European tech scale-ups
The EIT Digital Accelerator offers tailor-made growth support for European tech scale-ups by helping secure target customers and raise capital. The team comprises more than 30 experienced business developers and finance experts operating from 13 cities across Europe, along with a hub in Silicon Valley. Since 2012, they have supported more than 280 start-ups who raised a total of EUR 400 million in investment, with more than EUR 90 million facilitated by the Accelerator. The programme was ranked 8th among the Top 20 Active Accelerators in the Global Accelerator Report 2016 by Gust.
A story of success
- More than 195 partners including education or industrial organisations
- More than 1 700 students enrolled in one of the Master School programmes since its beginning
- 170+ PhD students in the Doctoral School in five countries
- Over 100 000 learners took one of EIT Digital's 20+ Massive Open Online Courses
- 90 digital products and services launched comercially
- More than 280 start-ups and scale-ups supported by the EIT Digital Accelerator
- EIT Digital Conference 2019 13/05/2019
- EIT Digital: new prescription intervention service boosts health outcomes 10/05/2019
- The EIT Digital Challenge 2019, a competition for deep tech scale-ups 03/05/2019
- EIT Digital supports 8 European health scale-ups 29/04/2019
- EIT Digital's The Cash Register 4.0 Story 17/04/2019
- Apple (reportedly) buys EIT Digital accelerator alumnus Stamplay 05/04/2019
03 May 2018
EIT Label Handbook 2018
- 20 May 2016
Press Release - New European ways to INNOVEIT
25 Apr 2016
Europe’s brightest minds meet to map the future of innovation
- 04 Oct 2017
- 31 Mar 2017