For a strong, digital Europe.
EIT Digital is a leading European digital innovation and entrepreneurial education organisation driving Europe’s digital transformation. Its way of working embodies the future of innovation through a pan-European ecosystem of over 200 top European corporations, SMEs, start-ups, universities and research institutes, where students, researchers, engineers, business developers and entrepreneurs collaborate in an open innovation setting. This pan-European ecosystem is located in Amsterdam, Berlin, Braga, Budapest, Brussels, Eindhoven, Edinburgh, Helsinki, London, Madrid, Milano, Munich, Nice, Paris, Rennes, Stockholm, Trento, and San Francisco.
Watch Willem Jonker, CEO of EIT Digital, in a Tech Talk with Anu Deshpande, in Silicon Valley.
Investing in strategic areas
EIT Digital invests in five strategic areas to accelerate the market uptake of research-based digital technologies focusing on Europe’s strategic, societal challenges:
- Digital Tech – European leadership in core digital technologies
- Digital Cities – Digital for the benefit of European citizens
- Digital Wellbeing – Keeping Europeans healthy
- Digital Industry – Building dominant European industry players in digital
- Digital Finance – Digital trust in the European financial system
The ambition of EIT Digital is to educate a new generation of tomorrow’s leaders in Digital technologies, as an answer to the evolving needs of the European economy.
Thanks to its unique format, the EIT Digital Master School offers a truly European experience. During the two-year programme, students enroll at universities in two different countries, leading to two Master of Science degrees as well as the EIT-labelled certificate. They also participate in a three-day business challenge, a two-week summer school and undertake a work placement, all of which can take place in different locations across Europe
The EIT Digital Doctoral School on ICT Innovation innovates with a new kind of doctoral programme based on offering a deep expertise in key digital areas together with a strong background in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. It creates a unique experience combining research, innovation, entrepreneurship, industry involvement and pan-European mobility.
The EIT Digital Doctoral School features three specific elements:
- Standardised I&E Education: Business Competence + Business Development Experience;
- Mobility: six months of geographical mobility;
- Thematic alignment: to the innovation areas, so called action lines, of EIT Digital.
In addition, with the EIT Digital Professional School, you can access high-quality professional courses developed by Europe’s top digital innovation actors and translate your educational experience into actions for the advancement of your career and success of your company.
Support for European tech scale-ups
The EIT Digital Accelerator offers tailor-made growth support for European tech scale-ups by helping secure target customers and raise capital. The team comprises more than 30 experienced business developers and finance experts operating from 13 cities across Europe, along with a hub in Silicon Valley. Since 2012, they have supported more than 280 start-ups who raised a total of EUR 400 million in investment, with more than EUR 90 million facilitated by the Accelerator. The programme was ranked 8th among the Top 20 Active Accelerators in the Global Accelerator Report 2016 by Gust.
A story of success
- More than 195 partners including education or industrial organisations
- More than 1 700 students enrolled in one of the Master School programmes since its beginning
- 170+ PhD students in the Doctoral School in five countries
- Over 100 000 learners took one of EIT Digital's 20+ Massive Open Online Courses
- 90 digital products and services launched commercially
- More than 280 start-ups and scale-ups supported by the EIT Digital Accelerator
- EIT Digital Accelerator publishes the third edition of the European Female-Led Digital Deep Tech Start-up & Scale-up Landscape 10/01/2022
- EIT Digital boosting the delivery of digital innovations to the market 08/12/2021
- EIT Digital awards four ventures as a part of the New European Bauhaus Acceleration pilot call 02/12/2021
- 23 new start-ups graduated from the 2021 edition of the EIT Digital Venture Program 16/11/2021
- EIT Awareness Day - Western Balkans 03/11/2021
- Revolab gears up for US product launch 20/10/2021
24 Sep 2021
A European Approach to Artificial Intelligence
- Document Image:
24 Sep 2021
Digital Transformation of European Industry, a Policy Perspective. Full Report
24 Sep 2021
European Digital Infrastructure and Data Sovereignty
24 Sep 2021
EIT Digital 2010–2020. Ten Years Anniversary Book
- 16 Sep 2021
- 16 Sep 2021