Together for healthy lives in Europe.
EIT Health is a consortium of over 140 partners from leading businesses, research centres and universities from across 15 EU countries. EIT Health was designated as an EIT Innovation Community by the EIT Governing Board on 09 December 2014.
Goals and impact
The goal of EIT Health is to contribute to increasing the competitiveness of European industry, improve the quality of life of Europe’s citizens and the sustainability of healthcare systems.
Training the workforce of tomorrow
The partnership will promote entrepreneurship and develop innovations in healthy living and active ageing, providing Europe with new opportunities and resources. This will be achieved through delivering products, concepts and services, including educational programmes that will nurture talents and train the workforce of tomorrow.
Adopting an investor approach, EIT Health will drive the integration of business; research and higher education, boost innovation, and be a catalyst for new solutions for Europe.
EIT Health will overcome the fragmentation of different healthcare systems in Europe and give companies easier access to markets across the EU. The critical mass of partners from business and industry, education, research, healthcare providers and insurance companies within EIT Health, opens the path to reduced time-to-market for added-value products and services.
EIT Health outreach activities are expected to spread all over Europe – establishing new ties to expand innovation and growth.
EIT Health aims to, among others:
- support and grow this figure to 90 new products/services annually by 2018
- by 2018 create 70 start-ups per year
- have 1 000 000 students taking part in its educational online programmes per year by 2018
- In its first full year of operation in 2016 EIT Health expects to incubate approximately 80 new business ideas, rising to 140 in 2018.
EIT Health Innovation Hubs
EIT Health has formed six Innovation Hubs across Europe, with Headquarters based in Munich:
- London (UK/Ireland)
- Stockholm (Scandinavia)
- Barcelona (Spain)
- Paris (France)
- Heidelberg (Germany)
- Rotterdam (Belgium-Netherlands)
- Budapest (Innostars)
Address: EIT Health e.V., Mies-van-der-Rohe-Str. 1 C, 80807 Munich, Germany
- Email: email@example.com
- Media: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engage with EIT Health
- Apply for the 'Disrupt Me' programme of the EIT Hub Tel Aviv 12/08/2019
- EIT Innovators Award winner Martin Steinberg is solving a hidden problem 07/08/2019
- EIT Health InnoStars Awards 2019 boost start-ups from RIS countries 01/08/2019
- EIT Health GoGlobal will introduce 13 European companies to Canadian market 24/07/2019
- 15 innovative healthcare start-ups receive 2019 EIT Health Headstart support 19/07/2019
- 15 French start-ups received the EIT Health Headstart Award 2019 10/07/2019
03 May 2018
EIT Label Handbook 2018
Press Release - New European ways to INNOVEIT
25 Apr 2016
Europe’s brightest minds meet to map the future of innovation
- 04 Oct 2017
- 31 Mar 2017
- 20 May 2016