Together for healthy lives in Europe.
EIT Health is a consortium of over 140 partners from leading businesses, research centres and universities from across 15 EU countries. EIT Health was designated as an EIT Innovation Community by the EIT Governing Board on 09 December 2014.
Goals and impact
The goal of EIT Health is to contribute to increasing the competitiveness of European industry, improve the quality of life of Europe’s citizens and the sustainability of healthcare systems.
Training the workforce of tomorrow
The partnership will promote entrepreneurship and develop innovations in healthy living and active ageing, providing Europe with new opportunities and resources. This will be achieved through delivering products, concepts and services, including educational programmes that will nurture talents and train the workforce of tomorrow.
Adopting an investor approach, EIT Health will drive the integration of business; research and higher education, boost innovation, and be a catalyst for new solutions for Europe.
EIT Health will overcome the fragmentation of different healthcare systems in Europe and give companies easier access to markets across the EU. The critical mass of partners from business and industry, education, research, healthcare providers and insurance companies within EIT Health, opens the path to reduced time-to-market for added-value products and services.
EIT Health outreach activities are expected to spread all over Europe – establishing new ties to expand innovation and growth.
EIT Health aims to, among others:
- support and grow this figure to 90 new products/services annually by 2018
- by 2018 create 70 start-ups per year
- have 1 000 000 students taking part in its educational online programmes per year by 2018
- In its first full year of operation in 2016 EIT Health expects to incubate approximately 80 new business ideas, rising to 140 in 2018.
EIT Health Innovation Hubs
EIT Health has formed six Innovation Hubs across Europe, with Headquarters based in Munich:
- London (UK/Ireland)
- Stockholm (Scandinavia)
- Barcelona (Spain)
- Paris (France)
- Heidelberg (Germany)
- Rotterdam (Belgium-Netherlands)
- Budapest (Innostars)
Address: EIT Health e.V., Mies-van-der-Rohe-Str. 1 C, 80807 Munich, Germany
- Email: email@example.com
- Media: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engage with EIT Health
- EIT Health-supported initiative helps head off health risks 06/02/2020
- EIT Health supported start-up raises EUR 500 000 21/01/2020
- Disrupt Me 2.0: An Open Innovation Workshop 20/01/2020
- EIT Health start-ups: AI system effective in diagnosing prostate cancer 14/01/2020
- EIT Health establishes new office in Denmark 08/01/2020
- EIT Community at the European Angel Investment Summit 23/12/2019
- 07 Oct 2019
- 30 Sep 2019
- 03 May 2018
Press Release - New European ways to INNOVEIT
25 Apr 2016
Europe’s brightest minds meet to map the future of innovation
- 04 Oct 2017