EIT Climate-KIC invites you to join the online workshop 'Transformative territorial policy as a response to Grand Challenges and the EU Green Deal'.
The workshop will take place online on 30 November at 14:30 (CET). The event will give the chance to participants to explore the potential of systemic portfolios of projects for fostering transformative change in southern and central eastern European countries, with the following specific goals:
- Improve your understanding on the new EU policy framework
- Deepen your practical knowledge on S3 (smart specialisation strategy)
- Discover new practices on policy co-design and project mapping
The discussion will be facilitated by Annalisa Spalazzi, EIT Regional Innovation Scheme programme manager. The workshop will see the contribution of:
- Dominique Foray, Chair in Economics and Management of Innovation at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. Dominique Foray is one of the creators of the concept of ‘smart specialisation’ and has been deeply involved in European S3 policy since 2009. He is recognised as one of the leading academic experts in the economics of innovation and knowledge, and the economic policy implications of the new knowledge-based economy.
- Cristian Matti, EIT Climate-KIC Transitions Hub Lead. Cristian Matti is an expert in sustainability transitions and innovation policy. He contributes to regional and urban initiatives by facilitating science-policy-practice interfaces for the design and implementation of regional strategies and action plans. He has contributed to projects on territorial development in Europe and South America.