EIT Food Government Executive Academy brings together public sector representatives from countries in the Southern and Eastern Europe, with agri-food professionals from industry, academia and European institutions.
The EIT Community is happy to announce the 2021 edition of the EIT Food Government Executive Academy. The Academy is a special advisory and capability building programme, that offers insights into challenges related to food system innovations, Research and Innovation, Smart Specialisation Strategies and sectoral regulations.
What is EIT Food Government Executive Academy (GEA)?
The Government Executive Academy (GEA) is an executive-level training programme for public sector representatives from Central-Eastern and Southern European countries, deepening their knowledge of agri-food innovations and sectoral regulation, and helping address societal challenges across Europe.
EIT Food GEA will be delivered online between June and November 2021 for public sector representatives from countries of Central-Eastern and Southern Europe. GEA will connect participants and experts working in the field of agri-food innovations from industry, academia and European institutions.
- workshops focused of real-life challenges experienced by food industry players and actual needs of industry and customers
- lectures offering insights into the complexity of food system, state-of-the-art technologies and innovations developed by the agri-food industry
- working with European experts in agri-food industry and innovation management
- highly interactive learning programme based on case-studies and real-life examples
- participants do not pay tuition and receive lump sums to cover travel and subsistence
- excellent opportunities to build an international network of policy makers working on the agri-food related Research & Innovation Smart Specialization Strategies (RIS3), exchanging experiences to continuously improve the national and regional policies
What to expect?
An intensive programme of lectures and workshops offering state-of-the-art knowledge on the complexity of food systems, management of innovations and regulation issues. A crucial part of the programme are workshops presenting real-life challenges experienced by global food industry players (e.g. Danone, Bioazul, etc.) and the actual needs of customers.
The programme is comprised of three days of classes, workshops, and meetings delivered by leading European experts in agri-food industry, innovation management, regulation and MBA level leadership programmes. It is highly interactive and features a variety of teaching tools (simulations, case-studies, etc.). The programme ends with a collaborative team project.
EIT Food GEA will be held online on 15, 16 and 22 June 2021 with subsequent mentored teamwork and final session in October-November 2021. Applications are open till 23 April 2021. Please apply at EIT Food Application Portal.
How to apply?
If you think that the Academy is targeted at you or your public sector partners, please check out the dedicated website for more information.