The EIT is organising a call for expressions of interest with a view to establishing a reserve list for Temporary Staff (TA) for the profile of Communications Officer. The place of employment will be Budapest, where the EIT seat is located.
The main tasks related to this position are:
Press and media
- Advising the EIT Governing Board and EIT management in all media related matters such as briefings and interview requests, and develop effective messages for the media;
- Implementing strategic, effective and innovative media actions to promote public awareness of the EIT’s work;
- Write, edit and distribute attractive, newsworthy media content, including press releases, factsheets, website content and background briefings;
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, organise and moderate press events and act as a spokesperson for the organization;
- Building, maintaining and developing a strong network of media contacts and, monitor and analyse EIT media coverage.
EIT external communications tools and channels
- Produce and distribute compelling marketing material and messages that communicate the organization's activities using appropriate channels (digital, print, audio-visual etc.);
- Support the dissemination of EIT results, publications and success stories;
- Assist with the preparation of speeches, speaking notes, slides and presentations; give presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
EIT communications strategy
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the EIT’s communication and stakeholder relations strategy;
- Contributing to drawing up, implementing and evaluating the annual EIT communications work plan;
- Act as liaison and coordinate the communications and media activities of the EIT’s Knowledge and Innovation Communities.
Procurement and contract management
- Manage public procurements, contracts and projects to provide external communications services and products (such as media events, PR campaigns, online tools, audio-visual productions, publications or visuals) by external service providers.
- Deliver communication projects on budget and time: Draw up contract specifications, negotiate offers, prepare contract files, supervise service providers, monitor the delivery and use of results, and evaluate external services.
Vacancy details, eligibility and steps to apply can be found in the vacancy notice below.