They will assist in implementing the EIT Health Regional Innovation Scheme
Three new EIT RIS hubs – in Croatia, Czech Republic and Latvia – joined the EIT Health network as of 1 December 2018 to work on strengthening local innovation ecosystems.
- University of Zagreb, Croatia
- DEX Innovation Centre, Czech Republic
- Rīga Stradiņš University, Latvia
The new hubs will work alongside the existing network of ten regional hubs in implementing the EIT RIS programme.
EIT RIS helps to increase innovation capacity in areas of Europe not directly benefitting from the activities of EIT Health.
The EIT Health hubs will be asked to:
- take part in the implementation of the EIT RIS programme in December 2018 and in 2019;
- develop the local innovation ecosystem with the help of EIT Health;
- help EIT Health find the best talents, entrepreneurs and start-ups from their region/country.
The three hubs were chosen from a call EIT Health published in October seeking organisations from Croatia, Czech Republic and Latvia to cooperate with EIT Health in the RIS starting 1 December 2018.
EIT Regional Innovation Scheme
EIT RIS is the EIT Community’s outreach scheme. The scheme enables the transfer of good practices and know-how from the EIT’s unique approach to boosting innovation. The EIT RIS was introduced in 2014 to share good practices and experience emerging from EIT Community activities and to widen participation in our activities across Europe.