Supporting the innovation communities that need us
We launched the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme in 2014 to help countries boost their ability to innovate based on their scores on the European Innovation Scoreboard.
EIT RIS activities are tailor-made to meet the diverse innovation needs of eligible countries. We’ve been setting up on-the-ground Hubs in eligible countries and regions scoring in the "modest" or "emerging" score categories to help spear-head on-the-ground implementation of these activities. EIT RIS Hubs foster closer interactions between local innovation actors and link local innovation ecosystems to the EIT’s pan-European innovation ecosystem. They also help integrate potential new partners and participants from the local innovation ecosystem in EIT Community activities.
Want to know where to find your closest EIT RIS Hub?
Check out our interactive map
By the end of 2025, we will have hubs in all EIT RIS-eligible areas. There are two types of hubs:
- EIT RIS Hubs, each run by different Knowledge and Innovation Communities, where they conduct their activities and carry out their mission to boost regional innovation
EIT RIS Community Hubs which will be nodes for all EIT Communities, a one-stop-shop where you will find information on all opportunities and activities we can provide
If you’re based in an RIS-eligible country, you can benefit from our programme
Whoever you are, whether a student, a researcher, an entrepreneur, a representative of an SME, a university, research lab, national/regional government, NGOs, or a city, you’ve come to the right place. The EIT RIS will support your innovation capacity and all of your innovation ambitions.
Check from the list below to see if your country/region is eligible for the RIS between 2021 and 2024:
- EU Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Greece, Spain, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia
- Horizon Europe Associated Countries: Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Türkiye, Ukraine
- Outermost Regions: Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Martin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain)
Learn more about the EIT Community and their RIS activities
Learn more about what the RIS can do for you with our RIS Activity Reports and Success Stories
- EIT RIS Activity Report 2022
- EIT RIS Success Stories 2022
- EIT RIS Activity Report 2021
- EIT RIS Activity Report 2019-2020
Here's how to reach us
- EIT: Luke Incorvaja: luke.incorvaja[@]eit.europa.eu
- EIT Climate-KIC: Nasko Vangelov: email@example.com
- EIT Digital: Tuan Trinh: tuan.trinh[@]eitdigital.eu
- EIT Food: Milda Krauzlis: milda.krauzlis[@]eitfood.eu; and; Elvira Domingo: elvira.domingo[@]eitfood.eu
- EIT Health: Monika Toth: monika.toth[@]eithealth.eu
- EIT InnoEnergy: Pior Pawelec: piotr.pawelec[@]innoenergy.com
- EIT Manufacturing: Konstantinos Georgoulias: konstantinos.georgoulias[@]eitmanufacturing.eu
- EIT RawMaterials: Tina Zajc Benda: tina.benda[@]eitrawmaterials.eu
- EIT Urban Mobility: Bence Huba: bence.huba[@]eiturbanmobility.eu, Laszlo Soos: soos.laszlo[@]eiturbanmobility.eu