Climathon powers a global wave of changemakers and innovators to help humanity achieve zero emissions in 20 to 30 years.
The EIT Climate-KIC Climathon is a year-round programme, with a powerful solutions-hackathon at its core, translating climate action solutions into tangible projects, supporting climate positive businesses & start-ups and addressing local policy changes.
Climathon follows three steps toward achieving climate action:
- Defining the climate challenges
- Developing solutions to solve climate challenges
- Providing continued support to realise the solutions
Climathon offers you the chance to take action to create real solutions to your city’s climate challenges. You can also benefit from:
- Helping to make your city more resilient to climate change.
- Networking with local leaders from academia, business, and public authorities.
- Developing your skills in public speaking, innovative thinking, prioritisation, and exploring new tools and methodologies.
- Joining forces with other like-minded entrepreneurs, students and developers.
- Generating ideas and solutions to climate change that can become real-life businesses.
- Becoming a part of a global community working together to take climate action.
The Global Climathon Day is on 25 October 2019. As most of the hackathons are 24 hours or longer it will run into another day.
Check the city page from your location for the exact start and end time.