The first annual European Research and Innovation Days
The event will be central to finding research and innovation solutions for the great transition of our economy, society and planet, by working across polices, setting the direction, spurring innovation and triggering investment. It will be the moment for all stakeholders to meet and co-create the strategic priorities for the European Commission's investment in research and innovation.
At the same time, the event aims to mobilise EU citizens and increase awareness of how important research and innovation are in addressing the challenges that face society. It will include a free exhibition to showcase and celebrate the EU's wide offer on research and innovation.
Policy Conference: 'The EIT: driving European innovation'
Through the integration of education, research and innovation, the EIT aims at strengthening local innovation ecosystems that tackle global challenges. By fostering interactions across-Europe among local innovation ecosystems and by providing innovative education & training programmes, EIT’s efforts aim at targeting also regions and countries with low innovation performance, in synergy with Smart Specialisation strategies.
- Moderator: Begoña Arano – Head of Unit, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture
- Martin Kern – EIT Interim Director
- Maria Tsavachidis – CEO of EIT Urban Mobility
- Tiago Mendes – EIT Alumni Board Member, graduate of EIT InnoEnergy Master School and currently Project Manager of the EIT InnoEnergy Open Space Studio
- Solvita Kostjukova – CEO and Co-Founder of ALINA, 2017 EIT Venture Award Nominee, supported by EIT RawMaterials