The KIC InnoEnergy From Science to Business course and its contents are designed around the concept of a new tech-based entrepreneurial venture, specialty in the areas of sustainable energy.
- How to find and evaluate business ideas.
- How to analyze the environment, the industry and the market to understand the idea.
- Methods to differentiate between an idea and an opportunity.
- How to craft a suitable business model.
- Basics of competitive strategy, and how to get your clients to continuously choose you instead of your competitors.
- Basic tools for market analysis and consumer understanding.
- Frameworks for designing marketing plans.
- Understanding financial statements: profit and loss account, cash flow and balance sheet.
- Methods to estimate the capital requirements of the venture.
- How to protect the new venture. What can be patented?