An EIT Digital Silicon Valley hub online panel debate.
AI and big data are aiding the fight against COVID-19 in multiple ways, such as identifying and tracking outbreaks, diagnosing the virus, developing vaccines, calculating disease models to shape national shutdowns and policies, surveillance and contact tracing, facial recognition and fever detection, and sterilization and delivery of food and supplies.
Our expert online debate will discuss pressing questions:
- What relevant breakthrough efforts in the AI and big data space are already underway?
- What worked and what didn’t work in the fight against Covid-19?
- Where should the technology community accelerate their innovation activities and investments in?
- Which new innovations could help prevent the next pandemic?
- Should privacy protections be put aside in a time of crisis?
- Peter Fatelnig - Minister-Counsellor for Digital Economy Policy, Delegation of the EU to the United States
- Chahab Nastar - Chief Research and Innovation Officer, EIT Digital
- Gry Hasselbalch – Co-founder of DataEthics.eu & Member of the European Commission’s High-Level Group on AI
- Luigi Congedo – Principal, Bootstrap Labs (leading Venture Capital firm focused on Applied Artificial Intelligence)
- Andra Keay – Managing Director, Silicon Valley Robotics (Startup Ecosystem Builder)
- Leila Toplic – Lead for Emerging Tech at NetHope, a consortium of 50+ NGOs (Social Impact)