- Start-up group photo- From left to right: Noemi de Santis (Giunko), Giulia Villani (Agromet), Benjamin Huber (ClimateRE), Juna Shrestha (ClimateRe), Filip Granek (XTPL), Tom Webster (GrowUp), Simon Bushell (Sympower), Christophe Göller (Coolar), Jakob Anderson (MASH Biotech), Quentin Ducreux Lerebours (Plugsurfing)
- Martin Kern at the Journalist Thematic Network in Berlin
- Tony Mallett (EU Reporter) watches the start-up presentations
- Benoit Georges (Les Echos) poses a question to the panel
- Federico Guerrini (Freelance/Forbes)
- Long live the sun
- The Green Garage
- Communication at its best - Noemi de Santis (Giunko), Caroline Vandenplas (EIT)
- Welcome to the Journalist Thematic Network
- Visit to the Green Garage - From left to right: Olivier Fabes (Le Soir), Ben Deighton (Horizon), Sebastian Mlodzinski (XTPL), Jakob Anderson (MASH Biotech), Tom Webster (GrowUp)
- Visit to the Green Garage - From left to right: Filip Granek (XTPL) Tom Webster (GrowUp), Sebastian Mlodzinski (XTPL), Stratos Karakasidis (Kathimerini), Olivier Fabes (Le Soir), Ben Deighton (Horizon)
- Start-up speed dating session - Zhengliang Wu (Green City Solutions), Jakub Janiszewski (TOK FM)
- EIT Communications team in full swing - First row: Dave Keating (Deutsche Welle), Jennifer Baker (Ars TEchnica), Aivar Pau (Postimees), 2nd row: Caroline Vandenplas (EIT), Christophe Göller (Coolar), Robin Maxton (EIT), Magdalena Gryszko (EIT)
- Juna Shrestha (ClimateRe)
- Aivar Pau (Postimees)
- Malte Schneider (Director of Climate-KIC Germany) and Prof. Ottmar Edenhofer (Deputy Director and Chief Economist at the Potsdam institute for Climate Impact Research and Professor of the Economics of Climate Change at the Technical University Berlin) discuss the challenges of climate change -
- Mathea Fammels (EIT) thanks all those who participated in the Journalist Thematic Network in Berlin
- Christian Deilmann (tado°) and Simon Bushell (Sympower) admire the Climate-KIC Green Garage.
EIT hold first meeting of the Journalist Thematic Network in Berlin
On 22-23rd November the EIT held the first meeting of the Journalists Thematic Network at EIT Climate-KIC Germany in Berlin. Top journalists from across Europe met with some of the best start-ups from EIT Climate-KIC.
The two-day event entailed a series of pitches from each start-up followed by a start-up speed dating session designed to give each journalist a small taster of what each start-up was about. Participants at the event also took part in a panel discussion with EIT Interim Director Martin Kern, Boris Lesjean from Veolia Germany, and two entrepreneurs; Simon Bushell from Sympower and Melina Munoz from Pendula. All attendees where also given a brief insight into the newest member of the EIT Community - EIT Food
To view all photos from the event please click here.
Subscribe to the EIT Newsletter to get the best of the EIT Community's news in your inbox once each month.