20 scale-ups from 10 countries will compete in the final of Europe’s flagship scale-up competition in digital to win international growth support totaling EUR 250 000.
3 winners will be awarded at the online final event on September 21.
From a digital audit of food supply chains to an AI-powered platform improving organ transplantation, the 20 finalists of this year’s EIT Digital Challenge cover a wide variety of topics within the EIT Digital focus areas (Digital Tech, Digital Wellbeing, Digital Cities, Digital Industry, Digital Finance). And they all have a common goal: to grow fast and contribute to build a strong digital Europe, one that’s inclusive, fair, and sustainable.
The EIT Digital Challenge takes place for the eighth consecutive year and focuses on ‘deep tech’ digital scale-ups with a differentiating product offering, leveraging sophisticated, hard-to-reproduce digital technologies that fuel the digital transformation. The finalists were chosen out of 409 applicants and come from 10 different European countries. On average, they reached a revenue of EUR 1M in 2020, raised EUR 4M funding and employ 27 people. A noteworthy fact is that 45% of finalists feature women as founders or C-level executives.
The winners will be chosen in a final event held online on September 21, where the finalists will pitch in front of a jury of experts and compete for prizes totaling €250,000.
The prize package includes a full year support by the EIT Digital Accelerator, worth EUR 50 000, for the three awarded companies. The EIT Digital Accelerator will support the EIT Digital Challenge winners in scaling up their business in Europe by helping them secure international customers in target markets and raise growth funding. In addition to that, the first prize winner will receive a cash prize of EUR 100 000.
The exclusive final event of EIT Digital Challenge is a unique opportunity to connect to the most prominent European tech scale-ups, innovation stakeholders, investors, industry representatives. During the event, participants will be able to arrange business meetings with the finalists and other prominent scale-ups from EIT Digital ecosystem via an online matchmaking platform.
The event is by invitation only. If you are a stakeholder of the digital innovation ecosystem (corporates, investors, media) and you would like to join the event please apply here.
The 20 finalists are:
- 2021.AI (DK) – regulatory Excellence for AI, its Grace solution offers complete Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) for artificial intelligence.
- Axial 3D (UK) - making patient-specific surgery routine through automated, data-rich, 3D medical visualisations.
- Bdeo Technologies (ES) - transforms the underwriting and traditional insurance claim flow by digitising and automating the process with advanced Visual Intelligence.
- BrainCreators (NL) - turns manual visual inspections into automated turnkey solutions at scale.
- CARDO AI (IT) - helps institutional investors manage their private credit investments through AI-powered technology.
- Chargetrip (NL) - smart EV Routing API-based SaaS platform that makes it easy to drive and charge any electric vehicle for individuals and fleets.
- Cibiltech (FR) - digital health technologies for transplantation to improve patients quality of life
- COMPREDICT (DE) - AI-based virtual sensors for vehicles from 2 to 18 wheels to generate insights into vehicle reliability and fleet usage.
- Connecting Food (FR) - leveraging blockchain technology to make our food systems more transparent.
- Cubbit (IT) - transforms underutilized resources at the edge of the Internet into next-generation b2b cloud services: zero-knowledge encryption, 2x more cost-efficient and 10x greener.
- CYSEC (CH) - a secure computing environment that ensures the integrity and confidentiality of data in the cloud and in the edge.
- Flowlity (FR) - helps organizations and their ecosystem reduce Supply Chain uncertainties, waste and enable growth.
- Insert Coin (SE) - offers a cloud-based API for gamifying any digital product and increase user retention, engagement, motivation, and loyalty of users.
- Nais (PL) - a better workplace powered by smart appreciation and collected data insights.
- Nect (DE) - highly converting and compliant remote Identity Verification solution using Robo-Ident, an AI-powered, patent-pending technology.
- Neurocast (NL) - a True Passive Patient monitoring solution to enable better health care.
- Park Here (DE) - provides a platform to operate parking spaces more efficiently and connect them with mobility services to enable and accelerate seamless mobility in cities.
- Psious (ES) – a virtual reality therapy platform for mental health professionals.
- SmartMile (NL) - building a global network of parcel machines to optimize the last mile, and make delivery sustainable.
- Vuframe (DE) - a no-code 3D platform to bring smart, digital product visualizations to employees and customers on any device.,