The second BoostUp! competition regional final, by EIT Manufacturing, took place on October 13 and six ventures are now heading to the grand final.
The virtual event, streamed live from San Sebastian (Spain), featured pitches from start-ups and entrepreneurs as well as four inspirational keynote speakers.
The first edition of BoostUp! confirms that there are an emerging number of companies determined to transform the manufacturing Industry. Our role is to support and empower these entrepreneurs to accelerate the green and digital transformation of Europe’s industry.
Gala Maturana - Business Creation Manager Co-Location Center West
Six ventures made it to the final, read more about them here.
CREATE Category for entrepreneurs: New solution to develop for commercial use.
- First place: FabInventors
- Second place: EASY AI
ACCELERATE Category for start-ups ready to take their venture to the next level.
Thank you to the keynote speakers:
- Asier RUFINO, CEO of Tecnalia Ventures, spoke under the headline ‘Taking innovation ideas to the market’ and how to build a successful go-to market strategy with a new venture.
- Cristina Oyón, Head of Strategic initiatives SPRI, highlighted the success factors for industrial digitalisation, and the role of digitalisation in the manufacturing sector as a way forward in the current pandemic circumstances.
- Stephen Bateman, SME Transformation Specialist, led a very enriching exchange with the ceremony hosts about the ‘Common constraints in industrial SME Transformation processes and how to overcome them’.
- Klaus Beetz, CEO Manufacturing, explained why manufacturing innovation is key for Europe’s Green Deal.