European Commission publishes vacancy for Director of the EIT (AD14)
The Director is responsible for operations and for the day-to-day management of the EIT and is its legal representative.
The Director is accountable to the Governing Board and reports to it on an ongoing basis on the development of the EIT activities. In particular, the Director will:
- organise and manage the activities of the EIT;
- support the Governing Board and the Executive Committee in their work, provide the secretariat for their meetings and supply all information necessary for the performance of their duties;
- prepare a draft Strategic Innovation Agenda (SIA), a preliminary rolling triennial work programme, the draft annual report and the draft annual budget for submission to the Governing Board;
- prepare and administer the KICs selection process and ensure that the various stages of that process are carried out in a transparent and objective manner;
- prepare, negotiate and conclude contractual agreements with the KICs;
- organise the Stakeholder Forum, including the special configuration of Member States’ representatives; C 187 A/6 EN Official Journal of the European Union 1.6.2018 ( 1 ) Regulation (EC) No 294/2008 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2008 establishing the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (OJ L 97, 9.4.2008, p. 1), amended by Regulation (EU) No 1292/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2013;
- ensure the implementation of effective monitoring and evaluation procedures relating to the performance of the EIT in accordance with the institute’s obligation to ensure that its activities are subject to continuous and systematic monitoring and periodic independent evaluation as described in Article 16 of the EIT Regulation;
- be responsible for administrative and financial matters, including the implementation of the EIT budget, taking due account of advice received from the Internal Auditing Function;
- be responsible for all staff matters;
- submit the draft annual accounts and balance sheet to the Internal Auditing Function, and subsequently to the Governing Board, through the Executive Committee;
- ensure that the obligations of the EIT with regard to the contracts and agreements it has concluded are met;
- ensure effective communication with the European Union’s institutions;
- act in the interests of the EIT, safeguarding its goals and mission, identity, autonomy and coherence, in an independent and transparent way.
The place of employment will be Budapest, where the EIT seat is located.