The winners of the EIT Jumpstarter 2020 competition are unveiled: 36 teams from all over Europe competed for the prize pool worth over EUR 160 000.
During the four editions, EIT Jumpstarter upskilled 335 innovators. EIT Jumpstarter is the flagship, cross-industrial pre-acceleration programme of the European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT).
In the 2020 edition teams from Central, Eastern and Southern Europe have been invited to compete in the grand final which took place on 25 November 2020. During the virtual event, 36 out of 120 start-ups who took part in the competition showed their business ideas related to six key sectors covered by the organising EIT Innovation Communities: EIT Health, EIT Food, EIT RawMaterials, EIT InnoEnergy, EIT Manufacturing and EIT Urban Mobility, to the potential investors and jury of experts. The best projects were awarded cash prizes in the total amount of EUR 162 000.
EIT Jumpstarter is a unique European competition which helps to develop the most promising and innovative business ideas from across Europe. We have summoned an exceptional set of tools and a panel of experts, who can help the participants gain business knowledge, develop a better understanding of market segmentation, create a good value proposition, improve competitive advantage, and get funds to move their ideas further into the real world. I am really proud that throughout its four years of existence, the programme has created an opportunity to develop many innovative businesses and has trained 335 innovators.
Dora Marosvolgyi - EIT Jumpstarter Programme Manager
2020 EIT Jumpstarter winners
The winners were chosen in six categories.
EIT Health winners
Fetalix from Portugal proposing the first regenerative fetal-inspired solution to treat low back pain through a minimally invasive application took first place in the Health category, with MMD3D from Croatia coming as a runner up and Axodynamic from Portugal on the third position.
- First prize – Fetalix (Portugal)
- Second prize – MMD3D (Croatia)
- Third prize – Axodynamic (Portugal)
- Impact prize – VocDec (Estonia)
- Audience award – VocDec
EIT Food winners
The first place in the Food category was taken by Coffeco from Greece. The company has designed and developed a holistic approach in order to reuse 100% of the coffee waste and produce various high value-added products. second place was taken by Relicta and Meterscope arrived third.
- First prize – Coffeco (Greece)
- Second prize – Relicta (Italy)
- Third prize – Meterscope (Greece)
- Impact prize – Meterscope
- Audience award – Etern+ (Poland)
EIT RawMaterials winners
Recatalyst from Slovenia that produces next-generation patented platinum-alloy, highly efficient nano-catalysts took first place in the Raw materials category, with CMS coming as a runner up and Zinco on the third position
- First prize – Recatalyst (Slovenia)
- Second prize – CMS (Spain)
- Third prize – Zinco (Germany)
- Impact prize – Flameless (Germany)
- Audience award – Zinco
EIT InnoEnergy winners
The first place in the Energy category was taken by Drone Plan from Latvia. Their software helps power distribution companies to run regular inspections of power lines by drones. Second place was taken by GasTrade and the Smarth-Prop came up third.
- First prize – Drone Plan (Latvia)
- Second prize – Gas Trade (Germany/Ukraine)
- Third prize – Smarth-Prop (Greece)
- Impact prize – Green and Clean Tech (Serbia)
- Audience award – GasTrade
EIT Manufacturing winners
ArcLub One from Slovenia, which unique system provides innovative and sustainable cooling and lubrication in CNC machines took first place in the Manufacturing category, with Laser Street coming as a runner up and Tumultum in the third position.
- First prize – ArcLub One (Slovenia)
- Second prize – Laser Street (Slovakia)
- Third prize – Tumultum (Poland/Hungary)
- Impact prize – Ncellum (Lithuania/Spain)
- Audience award – Tumultum
EIT Urban Mobility winners
The first place in the Mobility category was taken by Horizer from Bosnia and Herzegovina which designs, manufactures, and sells solar modules, energy generation and storage systems compatible with any vehicle. The second place was taken by Parity Platform and AIRIO was third.
- First prize – Horizer (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Second prize – Parity Platform (Greece)
- Third prize – AIRIO (Bulgaria)
- Impact prize – BUTMA (Bulgaria)
- Audience award – AIRIO
Did you get inspired? Do you have an innovative idea, you would like to pitch next year and reach the finals? Fill out the pre-registration form and EIT Jumpstarter will let you know when the registration opens.