The EIT Food Open Innovation Call will fund collaborative food innovation projects that will create positive change in the food system.
- Funding call aims to accelerate innovation to create positive change in the food system
- EIT Food will support food innovation projects that bring innovative technology solutions to the market in response to specific challenges in the agrifood sector
- Submissions now open to all eligible European organisations
EIT Food, the world’s largest food innovation community, has today announced its Open Innovation Call for Proposals 2023, aiming to accelerate innovation to create positive change in the food system. EIT Food is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), a body of the European Union.
The Open Innovation Call will fund collaborative food innovation projects that will put new products on the market and introduce new and improved commercial processes and services, for the benefit of all.
The proposed innovative solutions are expected to result in commercially viable products and services by the end of 2024 and beyond, and work towards achieving the following goals:
- Healthier lives through food
- A net zero food system
- A fully transparent, fair and resilient food system.
The Open Innovation Call for proposals will be open to all eligible European organisations, including current members of the EIT Food partnership as well as external actors in the agrifood space, such as industry, businesses, SMEs, universities, and startups.
“Through this Open Innovation Call, EIT Food will support bold new innovations that promise to transform the way we address agrifood challenges. Whether through new products, technology or business practices, we want to hear from organisations with ideas that will help us secure a fairer, more transparent and resilient food system for all”
Paola Giavedoni, Director of Innovation at EIT Food