Building entrepreneurial capacity for women in agrifood business
EIT Food is looking for three organisations based in the South of Europe, namely from Greece, Portugal, Spain or Turkey and two organisations based in the East of Europe, namely from Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia or Slovenia, to organise activities within a project aiming at boosting the entrepreneurial skills of women in the agrifood sector.
Finding innovative solutions
The main objective of this project is to find innovative solutions that tackle the problems faced by the food system created by women entrepreneurs while supporting them to grow these entrepreneurial ideas. On balance, the Project will also help these women to access other programmes offered by EIT Food. All these women entrepreneurs must come from within the above-mentioned regions.
The secondary aims of the activities are:
- Developing early stage start-ups and create new ones
- Sparking co-founder relationships
- Building links between industry, academia, start-ups and the wider community
The activities will include:
- scouting services
- mentoring and education of female entrepreneurs working in the agrifood sector
- organising workshops and providing networking opportunities
- organising a final competition event
The selection process is implemented as an open call managed by EIT Food, Co-Location Centre South, using clear and transparent selection criteria.