The EIT is organising a call for expressions of interest with a view to establishing a reserve list for Temporary Staff (TA) for the profile of Finance, Budget, and Control Officer. The place of employment will be Budapest, where the EIT seat is located.
The successful applicant will join a dynamic, highly motivated and multinational team in a modern work environment, which supervises Europe’s largest innovation ecosystem in order to address major societal challenges through innovation.
More information about the EIT and its activities can be found on: eit.europa.eu
Among the expected tasks to be fulfilled will be:
Support to Coordination
- Support management in planning, programming and implementation of the EIT’s annual work programme;
- Contribute to the coordination of the internal controls systems, including – ensure relevance of the internal regulatory framework with the respective EU rules and regulations, drafting of internal guidelines, standard operating procedures, follow up of audit recommendations, coordinate the update of the risk register etc.;
- Support the Head of Section/ Budget Officer and act as back-up in his/her absence.
Finance, Budget and Control
- As Budget or Deputy Budget Officer contribute actively to the preparation, amendments monitoring and reporting of the implementation of the budget of the institute;
- Supervision of the budget implementation (Single Programming Document, Annual Activity Report, Grant Assurance etc);
- Ensure legality and regularity of financial transactions by verifying the respect of the EIT Financial Regulation, Internal rules on budget execution, financial decision and other related rules;
- Act as accounting correspondent, including performing regular controls on the accounting environment to ensure the financial data quality;
- Support the Grants Assurance function, including - ensure compliance of grants provided to Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KIC’s) of the EIT with the procedures stipulated by the Horizon Europe Framework Programme and EIT’s specific regulations;
Vacancy details, eligibility and steps to apply can be found in the vacancy notice below.