European Research and Innovation Days is the European Commission’s annual flagship event, bringing together policymakers, researchers, entrepreneurs and citizens to debate and shape the future of research and innovation in Europe and beyond.
The EIT Community will host and participate in several events during the European Research & Innovation Days
With our societies gradually lifting their lockdowns and recovery plans taking shape, we must now ensure that the transition to a post-corona society is sustainable, inclusive and resilient.
Research and innovation will be key to achieve this. This year's format will provide an opportunity to connect, take stock of research and innovation achievements in the global response to the pandemic and build on the EU’s response: worldwide coordination of excellent science for global health, social and economic recovery.
Join the event virtually
The interactive sessions will let participants provide input on how research and innovation policy and funding can help propel Europe's recovery and pave the way to a green, digital and resilient future. Building on the success of last year, the 2020 edition will feature three days of intensive policy co-designing, thought-provoking panels and matchmaking opportunities.
In a crucial year, following an unprecedented global crisis, just ahead of the launch of Horizon Europe - the next research and innovation programme starting in 2021 - and an enhanced European Research Area, this event is a unique chance to discuss how research and innovation will benefit the future of Europe.
EIT Community sessions
The following EIT Community sessions are confirmed. Two of the EIT Community sessions will be part of the EIT Stakeholder Forum, our premier outlet for engaging with our stakeholder partners.
Visit this page for updates regarding EIT Community participation at the European Research and Innovation Days 2020.
- 24 September 11:30 - 12:15: 'Towards an innovation agenda for the Western Balkans' with EIT Director Martin Kern
Hub 6 (Smart Implementation & Synergies)
- 22 September 16:00 - 16:45: 'EIT and EIC - Walking the Talk' with EIT Chair Gioia Ghezzi
- 22 September 11:45 - 16:45: 'Innovating for the Green Deal: The role of the EIT in helping citizens cope with the impact of the pandemics, and helping the European economy overcome the crisis'
- 23 September 14:00 - 14:45: 'A European approach to Artificial Intelligence'
- 23 September 16:00 - 16:45: 'EIT boosting regional innovation across Europe' - Part of the EIT Stakeholder Forum
- 24 September 12:30 - 13:15: 'EIT increasing higher education's ability to innovate' - Part of the EIT Stakeholder Forum
EIT Booth @ Science is wonderful!
The EIT Community will be present at the Science is Wonderful! fair with a booth (booth number 31). You can learn more about how we make innovation happen and discover some of the groundbreaking innovations that have been supported by the EIT.
- 3Dstrong: A 3D printer that increases the strength & durability of 3D printing materials
- iLof: A screening tool that decreases the cost & time of clinical trials
- bound4blue: A sail that can be used on freight ships to reduce fuel & emissions
- SARA Robotics: A social autonomous robot that improves the life of healthcare professionals and their clients