12 October 2021 - Boosting Europe’s Innovation Talent and Capacity with the EIT in 2021-2027
The workshop's objective is to present the EIT's offer to stakeholders from European regions and cities for the 2021-2027 period. It will take a closer look at innovation capacity-building, with a specific focus on the enhanced EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS) and the new EIT HEI Initiative: Innovation Capacity Building for Higher Education. It will also hold a debate on synergies between national, regional, and local initiatives, the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF), and EIT community activities.
The EIT: Making Innovation Happen. An introduction to the EIT, its achievements and activities.
Enhancing innovation capacity of Regions and Cities across Europe. Presenting how the EIT is increasing its regional impact and increasing the entrepreneurial and innovation capacity of higher education across Europe.
- Building bridges with the EIT Community and Smart Specialisation. Engaging participants in a debate on synergies between national, regional, and local initiatives, ESIF and EIT Community activities.
The EIT: Making Innovation Happen (16:30 – 16:45)
- Welcome by the moderator Kleopatra Sidiropoulou, EIT Liaison Officer
- Presentation by Laima Kauspadiene, Member of the EIT Governing Board
- Video Testimonial by Cristina Aleixendri Muñoz, COO & Co-founder of #bound4blue
Enhancing innovation capacity of Regions and Cities across Europe (16:45 – 17:15)
- Presentation by Marton Herzeg, Head of Unit, Strategy and Impact, EIT
- Video Testimonial by Mario Rajn, Mayor of Krizevci municipality, Croatia
- Video Testimonial by Katre Eljas, Project UNIcorn, Tallinn University of Technology
Building bridges with the EIT Community and Smart Specialisation (17:15 – 18:00)
- Introductory message by Lambert van Nistelrooij, former Member of the European Parliament
- Moderated debate with Dóra Marosvölgyi, InnoStars Project Manager, EIT Health and Szonja Csuzdi, Head of Department for International R&D Affairs at National Research, Development and Innovation Office, Hungary