Expert Forum on Sustainable Materials for Future Mobility. Electrification & Lightweight Design.
Our Expert Forum on Sustainable Materials for Future Mobility. Electrification & Lightweight Design will take place on 7-9 October 2019 in Turin, Italy. The goal of the event is to trigger cross-value chain interaction and strategic alliances among European stakeholders that drive innovation in these sectors.
Sustainable raw materials and advanced materials are key enablers for a successful Mobility Transition. The dramatic shift towards mass-market e-mobility has been triggered by the need for reducing CO2 emissions and improving air quality in cities. This development generates a growing demand for new kinds of functional and structural materials. These materials contribute significantly to the overall cost of mobility, its environmental and social footprint, and the global supply chain dependencies that respective OEMs will have to cope with. The ambition of a Zero Emission Mobility will have to account for the ecological footprint of its enabling materials.
The workshop will gather innovators from across emerging value chains in electrification and lightweight design.
- Discussing overall trends.
- Identifying industry needs and innovative solutions.
- Networking for project and strategic alliances.
- Providing information on funding opportunities, incl EIT RawMaterials funding.
Key dates and location
Monday, 7 October 15:00 – Wednesday, 9 October 17:00
- First Day: Welcome at the Museo dell’Automobile di Torino (Corso Unità d’Italia, 40)
- Second and third Day: Lingotto Fiere (Via Nizza, 294)
The conditions for registration:
- Registration is free of charge for EIT RawMaterials Partners.
- For non-Partners, fees are EUR 180 for three days and EUR 120 for one to two days. No refund upon cancellation.
- Lunch and dinner are included for the three days.