Next Europe: Finding Strategic Answers in the Era of Innovation
The EIT, in cooperation with the Center for Applied Policy Research (C·A·P) at Munich University, invite applications for a certified training course in strategic thinking on innovation in Europe and beyond for young European professionals and graduates.
- Enhance skills in strategic thinking on innovation.
- Receiving knowledge on the global dimensions of today’s and future challenges.
- Participating in an interdisciplinary debate and joint reflection about innovation in a Europe-wide atmosphere and the networking of ideas.
- Finding strategic solutions to problems and dilemmas that arise in situations where innovation hits the social and political reality.
The participants from their various professional and academic backgrounds will be enhanced in their skills and competencies to develop sophisticated innovative solutions for contemporary and future challenges, addressed by the UN Sustainable Development Goals and by the eight EIT Innovation Communities.
The course follows an applied social science approach and is aimed in particular at an interdisciplinary group of young academics (BA or higher) and professionals (start-ups, social entrepreneurs, staff in R&D, strategy and communication units of enterprises, etc.).
The applicants should submit their application with the following documents no later than 04 August 2019, 23:59 CET via e-mail to Maurizio Scelsi, Programme Coordinator:
- The completed registration form
- A CV in English (two pages max.)
- A letter of motivation (one page) by answering two questions: What is your field of interest regarding innovation in European and/or global contexts? What are the relevant innovation skills and what should be main strategic features for a European innovation policy that addresses current and future global challenges?
After revision, the participation will be confirmed until 9 August 2019.
Preliminary general agenda
|6 September||Welcome, joint dinner and keynote speech.|
|7 September||Lectures and training sessions (I+II), and a field trip.|
|8 September||Training sessions (III+IV) and certification ceremony.|
The costs of the instruction, materials, catering and the field trip are covered by the organising institutions, while individual travel and accommodation cost must be covered by the participants.
For more information: Maurizio Scelsi, Programme Coordinator, Center for Applied Policy Research (C·A·P).