Pioneers into Practice, one of Climate-KIC's professional education programmes, develops high-level innovation skills for the low-carbon economy.
Participants in the Pioneers into Practice programme get the unique opportunity to learn about climate change innovation in the field, enhance their CV and to expand their professional network.
Become a pioneer, and:
- Spend two one-month periods with leading European low-carbon innovation projects
- Participate in a series of two-day intensive workshops to share placement experiences and develop thinking on climate-change innovation
- Be mentored by leading European experts on transition management and get hands-on support from regional coaches
- Get the opportunity to showcase your ideas at the annual Climate-KIC Innovation Festival and the wider Climate-KIC community
Get it touch with your regional representative to find more about what Pioneers into Practice can do for you.
Who can participate
- Have a university degree, or at least two years of work experience in the field of climate change or sustainability
- Be located in one of the Climate-KIC regions or attached to a Climate-KIC partner
Participants must be fluent in English, and should be part of one of the following categories:
- Attached to/employed by an organisation dealing with climate change tasks
- Self-employed in the field of climate-change
- PhD student or Post Doc at a University or Research Center in the field of climate change
The programme is delivered across six major European regions – Central Hungary, Lower Silesia (Poland), West Midlands (UK), Hessen (Germany), Emilia Romagna (Italy) and the Valencia region (Spain).
The programme focuses on the following three areas which are key to systemic change in the regions:
- the built environment
- energy networks
Other thematic priorities can be developed, please contact your regional programme manager to discuss.
The deadline for applications is Friday 29 March 2013.
For further details and information on how to apply please visit Climate-KIC's Professional Education webpages.