The EIT Digital Master School offers students an entirely new programme in Cyber Security.
In September 2018, the University of Rennes 1 will open a Master's in Cybersecurity for the EIT Digital Master School. Students can apply until 15 April 2018 to enter the cohort of 2018-2019.
The EIT Digital Master School aims to train professionals with cutting-edge technical excellence in the key areas of digital technology, combined with strong expertise in innovation and entrepreneurship. Cybersecurity is one of the eight Master School programmes that are proposed to students.
The Master School works in collaboration with 17 leading technical universities, including the University of Rennes 1, in nine countries with research and industry partners from all over Europe.
The University of Rennes 1 wanted to respond to the solicitation of EIT Digital, by opening a second EIT Digital Master's programme. Indeed, after the Master Cloud Computing & Services, the University will open in September 2018, the Master Cybersecurity.
Within EIT Digital’s philosophy, the Master programme must be followed in two different partner universities; the first year will be offered by the University of Rennes 1, the University of Trento in Italy, the University of Turku in Finland and the University of Twente in the Netherlands. In addition to these universities, the academic institutions EURECOM in Nice (France) and ELTE in Hungary offer the second year.
EIT Digital encourages the mobility of its students during the Master's years but also through a Summer School, which takes place between the 2 years of Master's degree in another country, to discover the European entrepreneurial spirit and the cultural differences in the industry and society.
Why did EIT Digital open the Cyber Security Master at the University of Rennes 1?
- Brittany is becoming a benchmark player in the field of cybersecurity, through its industrial fabric of players and key industries of cybersecurity. 140 companies, from the large group (Airbus, Alcatel, Sopra Steria, Thales ...) to SMEs, offer technical solutions covering the entire cybersecurity value chain: security of electronic systems, cryptography, data integrity, protection infrastructure and networks, risk mapping ...
- The cyber excellence pole, initiated by the Ministry of the Armed Forces and supported by the Regional Council of Brittany, is established in Brittany and constitutes a key element of the development of the sector at national and international level.
- And it was in 2017, that also took place the second edition of the European Cyber Week, international event, with the support of the Ministry of the Armed Forces and the Brittany Region. Addressing a broad audience of researchers, corporate executives, investors, cybersecurity specialists, institutional or students, this event offers a series of meetings and exchanges around a topic that has become a major concern for all.
Students can apply now for the EIT Digital Master Cybersecurity programme at the online registration site.
The local coordinators for the Master EIT Digital at the University of Rennes 1 are:
- Professor Guillaume Pierre for the Master Cloud Computing
- Professor Pierre-Alain Fouque for the Cybersecurity Master
The EIT Digital Master School aims to train professionals with state-of-the-art technical excellence in key digital technology areas, combined with strong expertise in innovation and entrepreneurship. Cyber Security is one of the eight Master School programmes students can choose to study. The master school works together with 18 leading technical universities in nine countries and research and industry partners across Europe.
Students select for their studies two of these universities, one for each year. This is part of a mobility programme that EIT Digital encourages for the discovery of the European entrepreneurial spirit and cultural differences in industry and society. Also, in between the first and second year, a two-week Summer School in yet another country is mandatory for the students. These courses are also attended by professionals who like to stay ahead of key technological developments.
Students in their final year of a Bachelor degree can apply now for the EIT Digital Master School Cyber Security programme on the Application Portal.
Catch up with the latest news from the EIT Community in the Newsroom.
Subscribe to the EIT Newsletter to get the best of the EIT Community's news in your inbox once each month.