Organised by Vitagora, Foodtech Dijon Bourgogne-Franche-Comté and EIT Food, the Agrifood’ture Challenge is a start-up pitch contest that aims to accelerate the emergence of innovations with a real impact on the future of our food systems: healthy, sustainable and adapted to the usages of today’s consumers.
The agrifood industry is faced with the need for urgent action to establish new, sustainable practices in growing, manufacturing and consuming food.
Many innovative and agile start-ups and young companies are developing exciting and disruptive solutions, but struggle to gain traction.
Are you an AgriFood Startups or SME that is looking for more visbility and support? Apply to the Agrifood'ture Challenge to:
- Gain visibility towards industry partners, investors and the media
- Win cash prizes and development support packages
- Win a free seat at MPowerBIO's Final Event, the Tech Tour Bioeconomy 2022
Pitch contest & Gala Evening
Agrifood companies, investors and innovation ecosystem members, we invite you to save the date to join us for the final of the pitch event: on September 15th in Dijon, 40 start-ups, the finalists of the contest, will pitch their innovative solutions addressing 4 key industry challenges:
- Agroecological farming practices – fewer chemical inputs, decarbonisation, optimising use of natural resources, biodiversity etc.
- The protein transition – plant-based foods and other innovative protein sources, addressing consumer preferences and usages
- The circular economy and reducing food waste - designing out waste and environmental impact by keeping products and materials in use, creating new resources from discarded materials
- Digital smart systems for addressing new consumer expectations – traceability, transparency, co-building foods and services
And that’s not all! Before and after the contest, there will be ample opportunity for 1to1 matchmaking and networking to bring innovators in contact with an innovation ecosystem - agrifood companies, investors, and support services. During roundtables, and conference moments you will get to explore potential synergies, and collaboration opportunities and spur your innovation processes
Thursday, 15 September 2002 in Dijon
- From 9:30am to 6pm, Pitch Contest Final
- From 7pm, we will conclude the day with a Gala Event at Dijon's International City of Gastronomy and Wine!
Applications deadline: Thursday, 25 August 2022
Registrations for all other participants will open soon.