Skip to main content

Connect NEB Call for proposals to advance sustainable, beautiful, and inclusive initiatives

The EIT Community invites applicants to develop and submit applications aligned with the New European Bauhaus initiative (NEB), which is focused on developing long-term solutions with citizens to deliver transformation that is sustainable, inclusive, and enriching. 

The overall purpose of this Connect NEB Call for Proposals is to activate citizen-generated solutions and initiatives to resolve challenges facing European cities, peri-urban, and rural areas. These solutions and initiatives should facilitate the exchange of knowledge while addressing sustainability, quality of experience, and inclusiveness. 

On 31 July 2023 at 10:00 CEST Online, an online Call info session will take place. To participate, please fill in the  registration form by 27 July 2023.  

Register for the online call session

We look forward to receiving your applications no later than 29 September 2023, 17.00 CET through the PLAZA e-submission platform. Proposals submitted after the set deadline will not be eligible.  

Submit your application

Who can apply? 

This a mono-beneficiary Call for Proposals open to legal entities (private or public, KIC partners or not) established in Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU), and/or in Third countries associated to Horizon Europe.  Consortia will not be considered. 

Applications from RIS countries are encouraged to participate.  

For further eligibility information please check Chapter 2.2 of the Call document. 

How can you apply? 

The process is organized in a one-step application procedure. Please read the Call Manual carefully and consult the EIT Community team if necessary. More information about the types of projects, the application process, can be found in the documents for download: 

Supported activities 

The grant will be awared based on the co-design and co-stewardship of public realm, and social activation and educational activities addressing at least one of the EIT Community NEB Challenges based on the New European Bauhaus four thematic axes: 

  • Reconnecting with nature 
  • Regaining a sense of belonging 
  • Prioritising the places and people that need it the most 
  • The need for long-term, life cycle thinking in the industrial ecosystem 

In terms of citizen activation and engagement strategy, the projects must comply with at least one of the expected outcome targets:  

  • Outcome A: Activate Citizen generated solutions and initiatives to advance sustainability, beauty and inclusivity in alignment with existing local strategies. 
  • Outcome B: Collecting and prioritising citizens’ and end-users’ most pressing challenges and empower them to co-design well-founded solutions that match the needs of a wider community.  
  • Outcome C: Strengthen transdisciplinary, intergenerational and intersectoral collaboration by convening diverse stakeholder groups through citizen engagement activities in line with NEB initiative and existing local strategies. 

For further information on outputs and impacts, including examples of specific types of activities, please carefully read  Section 3.4 of the Call Manual document. 

EIT funding allocation

The funding rate is 80%, up to EUR 15 000 for each project. The remaining 20% is to be co-funded by the applicant. 

Overall 8 selected projects (ideally a minimum 1 proposal per EIT Community NEB Challenge) can be implemented in six regions/cities located in the European Union Member States or Horizon Europe Associated Countries from February 2024 to November 2024.