Apply for the EIT RawMaterials SME Booster Call 2020
Does your start-up or an SME offer sustainable solutions for the raw materials sector? Apply for the EIT RawMaterials Booster Call to get financial support and access to the EIT RawMaterials partner network to scale-up your business.
The EIT RawMaterials Start-up & SME Booster program provides support to start-ups and SMEs to develop innovative products/services that can produce an impact in the raw materials sector or benefit our partners.
Besides funding and customised services, the selected Start-ups and SMEs will also get access to the EIT RawMaterials partner network, participating in our networking events, as well as gain visibility through EIT RawMaterials network channels. Eventually, supported start-ups and SMEs may join the network as an associate or full member to benefit from the ecosystem fully.
The EIT RawMaterials Start-up & SME Booster provides established start-ups with support:
- to speed up a technology challenge resulting in a higher TRL, bringing the technology closer to the market
- to accelerate market penetration by dedicating financial resources for a specific segment or target market
- to facilitate product portfolio diversification, enabling product adaption or new product features to address a concrete market need
EIT RawMaterials Start-up & SME Booster Call 2020 is open all year long. For the sake of clarity and to ensure a smooth selection and operational progress of the selected Start-ups and SMEs, three cut-off dates for proposal submission will be organised. The application deadlines are 17 January, 15 May and 4 September 2020.
Europe is home to world-leading manufacturing industries, game-changing innovative technologies and an entrepreneurial infrastructure that can enable the transition to a resource-efficient, sustainable, society as envisioned in the EU 2020 agenda. A sustainable supply of mineral resources (metals, construction material) is vital for the development of these core industrial activities and their long-term economic success. However, Europe has become highly dependent on imports of these mineral resources, particularly critical raw materials, which is a key threat to future business in Europe.
The EIT RawMaterials Start-up & SME Booster Program supports new businesses sharing our vision to develop raw materials into a major strength for Europe along the whole material value chain as follows:
- Exploration and raw materials resource assessment
- Mining in challenging environments
- Increased resource efficiency in mineral and metallurgical processes
- Recycling and material chain optimisation for End-of-Life products
- Substitution of critical and toxic materials in products and for optimised performance
- Design of products and services for the circular economy
Financial support of up to a maximum amount of EUR 60 000.
Eligible costs follow the rules under the EIT framework agreements (FPA and SGA), please see the EIT RawMaterials Booster Call Terms & Conditions.
There is no formal minimum requirement of co-funding; however, projects that will show a co-funding and ask support for non-recurring costs (not for shareholders personnel costs) will be positively evaluated, as an indication of the commitment of the company in the initiative.
How to Apply
Please find below the Start-up and SME Booster templates and Terms and Conditions of the Booster Call 2020. After finalising your proposals, you can upload them on the application page.
- 5-pager Application Form (.DOCX format)
- Cost Estimate (.xlsx, for making your cost estimate according to our standard) (.DOCX format)
- Pitch Presentation Template (.pptx, for those selected to pitch)
- Terms & Conditions
Applications must be submitted by the contact person of the company via the registration link: