EIT Urban Mobility RIS is designed as a two-way interaction scheme. By sharing good practices of Knowledge Triangle Integration (KTI) and increasing activities in eligible countries, EIT Urban Mobility gains access to productive inputs, business skills, talent, cooperation opportunities in education, market and business.
In the medium term, EIT Urban Mobility RIS is expected to facilitate the incorporation of relevant players of the local innovation ecosystems into EIT Urban Mobility ecosystems and foster the Knowledge Triangle Integration approach as a framework for the enhancement of innovation capacity.
Main features of the call
This call aims at funding projects that can support the overall RIS strategy and aims, offer high quality education, reach a large audience and market, and gain recognition efficiently with a lasting effect. New activities can be regarded as pilots for further future expansion, increasing geographical coverage and volume, that may also be possible to repeat and scale up in the coming years.
There are three general topics (RISE 1-3) and one SPECIFIC TOPIC that can be addressed by the proposals:
- RISE 1: Capacity-building (e.g. train the trainer, trainings aimed at improving innovation and entrepreneurial skills with a focus on urban mobility, programmes aimed at defining challenges, facilitating mutual learning, co-creating solutions)
- RISE 2: Raising awareness of EIT Urban Mobility education activities and services in RIS countries with a view to generate interest for all the challenges and opportunities to build sustainable urban mobility solutions and liveable urban spaces
- RISE 3: Education and training activities with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship as well as urban mobility with a potential to reach a large audience and market, and gain recognition efficiently with a lasting impact
- SPECIFIC TOPIC: Innovative Procurement Training for Civil Servants in RIS countries
|Type of contact||Team|
|For legal, financial and administrative procedures, including questions about PLAZA submission tool||Programme Management Office (PMO)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|For content, topic-related related questions||Academy Teamemail@example.com|
EIT Urban Mobility will host an online information session on 27 September focused on the Call content, the challenges, and requirements, as well as on the general procedures, such as the submission and evaluation process and the PLAZA submission tool.
|Call for Proposals Main Features|
|Key dates of the Call calendari||Call opening: 15 September 2023 |
Call closure: 15 November 2023 at 17:00 CET
Eligibility and admissibility check: November 2023
Evaluation of proposals: November-December 2023
Communication of results: December 2023
Tentative start of the projects: January 2024
|Total estimated EIT Funding allocated to this Call||EUR 1,200,000|
|Link to the submission portal||PLAZA platform will be available during the last week of September 2023|
|List of documents to be submitted||Application form is available on the PLAZA platform|
|List of documents to take into consideration||– Call Manual |
– EIT Urban Mobility Strategic Agenda 2021-2027
– Guidelines for Applicants
– Eligibility of expenditure
– Appeal procedure
– Project Implementation Handbook
– Financial Support Agreement
– Horizon Europe Grant Agreement (specifically Articles 16 and 17)
|Short summary of the topics to be addressed||RIS Education A number of specified activity areas to meet the EIT Urban Mobility RIS Education targets, including raising awareness of EIT Urban Mobility education activities and services in RIS countries, capacity-building and education and training with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship, such as train-the-trainer concepts, online and face-to-face courses. Specific focus area includes training on innovative procurement.|
|Evaluation criteria||The proposals will be evaluated based on the criteria listed below, Evaluation criteria: • Strategic Fit • Excellence and Novelty • Impact and social, economic, financial, and general sustainability • Quality and efficiency of the implementation|