The EIT is now organising a call for expressions of interest with a view to establishing a reserve list for Temporary Staff (TA) for the profile of Innovation Officer. The place of employment will be Budapest, where the EIT seat is located. Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
The EIT is looking for a seasoned Innovation Officer in the Innovation Capacity section. The Innovation Officer will report to the Head of the Innovation Ecosystem Unit which falls under the Innovation, Education and Communication Department.
The Innovation Officer will supervise, monitor and assess the Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) of the EIT, their long-term strategies, operations as well as their portfolio of activities. To further enhance its impact and to incentivise the innovations needed to meet new societal challenges, the EIT plans to expand its portfolio of nine pan-European KICs to ten KICs. KICs address major societal challenges by fostering innovation based on the principles of integrating the knowledge triangle of education, research and business.
The jobholder will carry out the following core tasks:
- Project/programme management including planning, monitoring, evaluation in the area of innovation.
- Draft policies, provide analysis and/or create synergies with other programmes.
- Analysis and assessment of results and impacts of the EIT’s and its Knowledge and Innovation Communities’ activities within the areas of Innovation, Business Creation as well as Cross-KIC Cooperation, Regional Innovation Scheme, Women Entrepreneurship and Global Outreach (depending on allocation of files and objectives).
- Analyse, develop and/or assess relevant data and information, including monitoring information systems, in order to support operational and strategic and planning decisions concerning the EIT as well as the impact derived from KIC activities.
- Contribute to the monitoring of KIC activities in the framework of the grant cycle, including the implementation of KIC business plans and activities, report on progress as needed and advise on strategy issues.
The jobholder may be asked to carry out any other tasks as deemed necessary in the interest of the service.
Vacancy details, eligibility and steps to apply can be found in the vacancy notice below.