Join DigiEduHack 2021 as a host and take part in an incredible journey, united together to change digital education in Europe and beyond.
What is DigiEduHack?
- DigiEduHack aims at fostering the co-creation of solutions answering real-life challenges in digital education: ideas, concepts, or ready-to-be-developed apps.
- DigiEduHack is a series of online and in-person hackathons taking place all around the world on the 9-10 November 2021, focusing on co-creating digital education solutions for a more sustainable world.
- DigiEduHack is free, inclusive, sustainable, open to anyone worldwide: coders and non-coders, with no discrimination regarding gender, education level, or origin.
Each DigiEduHack challenge is owned and organised by a local host: a university, a school, a library, an NGO, a start-up, a group of citizens, ... Participants join a challenge of their choice and take part in DigiEduHack 2021. After the event, a challenge winner is designated by each host. All the challenge-winning solutions are then assessed by the DigiEduHack steering group, which designate 10 to 12 finalists. The finalists are put up for a public vote. The 3 finalists with the most votes become the DigiEduHack 2021 Global Award winners.
How to become a host?
- GET YOUR CORE CREW: Organizing an online or offline hackathon is a fun but demanding task, that comes in addition to your everyday missions: don’t overestimate yourself, have a team with you! With a simple 3-persons configuration, you will be able to move forward much faster and further. Check our recommendations and advice in our Complete Host Book here.
CHOOSE A THEME, CRAFT A CHALLENGE: Whatever your experience in hackathons, crafting your challenge is a fundamental step: the challenge will determine who will be involved in your event! But you're not alone in this task. The whole DigiEduHack community is here to support you, from fellow hosts to the Central Team. Stronger together is an everyday reality when you're part of the DigiEduHack movement.
START PLANNING: November is around the corner... well, almost. Planning an online/blended or in-person hackathon requires strong organizational capacities: are you sure you've been taking everything into consideration? Luckily, we have a lot of resources to help you. And as always, you can contact the DigiEduHack central team for additional support, advice, or assessment!
Join as a host
Hosting a challenge requires a core organizing team of a minimum of 2 people. You'll also need mentors, a jury, speakers. You can organise an online, blended or in-person challenge. Traditionally, DigiEduHack hosts are educational stakeholders (schools, universities, higher-education institutions, ...), research organisations or groups, start-ups & companies, NGOs. But if you're a group of digital education enthusiasts, you can host your own DigiEduHack 2021 challenge!
Join as a participant
Anyone with a knack for digital education, whatever the background, the level of education, the geographical origin can take part in DigiEduHack. Join online or in-person: choose your challenge, check the conditions, register. You can join alone or as an already existing team.
DigiEduHack 2021 timeline
DigiEduHack 2021 will take place on the 9-10 November 2021 in a series of online, blended and in-person events. The main stage event is hosted by the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union with IRCAI under the auspices of UNESCO.
- MAY 2021: Host registration opens. You're part of a public institution, a foundation, a company, an educational stakeholder, an educator, or a research group? Join as a host, and contribute to changing the future of learning. We have community events, online courses, 1-to-1 coaching, and mentoring available for you! The host registration is open until the first week of October 2021.
- AUGUST 2021: Participant registration opens. Choose your challenge and join the movement! For 2020, there will more online events than ever: you can join and take part from all over the world! Participant registration is open until November 2021 (check the conditions for each challenge).
- 9-10 NOVEMBER 2021: DigiEduHack 2021 takes place in Europe and beyond. Events all over the world: online, blended, and in-person. This year the main stage event is hosted by the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in cooperation with the International Research Center on Artificial Intelligence (IRCAI) under the auspices of UNESCO.
- 17 NOVEMBER 2021: All challenge winners are announced. The challenge-winning teams are announced. The DigiEduHack steering group starts assessing the challenge-winning solutions to select the finalists.
- FEBRUARY 2022: The 10 to 12 finalists are announced and the solutions are put up for a public vote.
- APRIL 2022: The 3 solutions with the most votes are declared Global Winners of DigiEduHAck 2021