24 September 12:30 - 13:15 - There is a push for higher education institutions (HEIs) in Europe need to become more innovative in their approach to education, research, and in their engagement with local innovation ecosystems.
This requires a clear strategy, methodology and resources. The European Commission has proposed that the EIT launch a new action to boost the innovation capacity of HEIs as part of its Strategic Innovation Agenda for 2021-2027.
This panel discussion, taking place in the context of the EU Research & Innovation Days, will give participants the chance to learn more about and discuss the EIT’s new action to support higher education in Europe. Based on what they hear, participants will then be invited to respond to an online consultation on the topic from 30 September. The session is part of the EIT Stakeholder Forum that enables the EIT to engage with its many stakeholders and partners.
Virtual event (note: if you experience access issues to this session, we recommend trying an alternative website browser to the one you are using)
- Márton Herczeg, Head of Strategy and Impact, European Institute of Innovation and Technology
- Janusz Janczukowicz, Head of the Centre for Medical Education, Medical University of Lodz
- Véronique Perdereau, Professor of Robotics, Vice President for Europe, Sorbonne University
- Patrick Prendergast, Provost of Trinity College Dublin
- Carlos Rich, Strategy Officer and Director of International Division, Atlantic Copper
Journalist Brian Maguire will moderate.