Join the EIT for the launch of our new strategy, the EIT Strategic Innovation Agenda 2021-2027.
Watch the recording of the event below.
Learn more about upcoming opportunities to innovate with the EIT Community and hear from inspiring speakers such as:
- Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth
- Manuel Heitor, Portuguese Minister of Science, Technology and Higher Education
- Maria da Graça Carvalho, Member of the European Parliament
- Gioia Ghezzi, Chair of the EIT Governing Board.
- Peter Carlsson, CEO of Northvolt (supported by EIT InnoEnergy and EIT Raw Materials)
- Ana Silva, Senior Project Manager, Sonae (supported by EIT Manufacturing)
The launch event consist of two parts:
- a high-level policy session
- four thematic sessions focused on the main focus areas of the EIT’s new strategy
The event is organised under auspices of the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
New EIT strategy 2021-2027
With an enhanced mandate for the coming years and a budget of almost EUR 3 billion under Horizon Europe, the EIT will help power Europe’s recovery and green and digital transition. The priorities are laid out in our new Strategic Innovation Agenda (SIA) for 2021-2027.
The EIT is planning to boost our support to higher education institutions, increase our regional innovation activities, and strengthen the impact of the entire EIT Community. The Institute will also set up two new EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities: the first for the Cultural & Creative Sectors and Industries in 2022 and the second for the Water, Marine, and Maritime Sectors in 2026.
Who should join
Innovators and organisations from business, education and research across Europe who want to learn more about the EIT and the different opportunities offered by the EIT Community.
How can you join
This is a hybrid event. You can join us online or in person at the International Iberian Institute of Nanotechnology (INL) in Braga, Portugal and you will be able to indicate your preference during registration.