Each year, the EIT recognises the outstanding achievements of members of its Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) through the EIT Awards that are presented in three categories:
- The EIT CHANGE Award celebrates graduates from EIT labelled education programs who spur innovation and entrepreneurship and bring about a change in the thematic areas addressed by the EIT and its KICs.
- The EIT Innovators Award recognises KIC innovation teams composed of individuals from across the knowledge triangle that have developed a product, service or process with a high potential for societal and economic impact.
- The EIT Venture Award puts successful entrepreneurial start-ups that have been supported by the KICs through a dedicated business creation or business development process in the spotlight
All relevant information can be found here.
All nominees and winners will receive an increased European wide promotion. In addition, the:
- EIT CHANGE Award winner will receive € 15 000.
- EIT Innovators Award winner will receive € 50 000.
- EIT Venture Award winners will receive € 50 000.
The deadline for applications in 30 November 2015 and the three winners will be announced during InnovEIT, the EIT Innovation Forum, in Budapest on 25 April 2016.