EIT ICT Labs supports South East European start-ups visiting Trento Co-location Centre
The EIT ICT Labs Outreach Programme aims at sharing best practices of EIT ICT Labs across Europe. In the context of this program EIT ICT Labs supports start-ups based in South East Europe to experience the EIT ICT Labs innovation activities through participating in pitch training activities to be carried out in Trento, starting from December 10 to December 13, 2013. This will take place in conjunction with TechPeaks and Startup Pirates organised by TrentoRISE, an EIT ICT Labs Partner.
The EIT ICT Labs offers travel support to and from Trento in favour of up to eight start-ups who are in an early stage of growth, looking for coaching opportunities and connection with EIT ICT Labs activities.
Application and Evaluation Process
The local organization is done by the local EIT ICT Labs partner TrentoRISE. In order to be considered for this opportunity, please submit to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents ideas:
- motivation paper (maximum 500 words), AND
- link and/or short slide presentation abut your start-up,
within December 1, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
As a preliminary evaluation and in order to be considered for the selection process, start-ups shall give evidence in their motivation paper of the following:
- to be in the South East Europe area
- to be working on a business domain which is in line with EIT ICTLabs acton lines (for details, please see http://www.eitictlabs.eu/innovation-areas/)
- to be in early stage of development (idea development or initial business development phase).
A commission appointed by Trento RISE will evaluate each application that satisfies the above preliminary requirements, based on the following criteria:
- Overall excellence and business potential of the validated idea – maximum 5 points
- Coherence of team profile with business project– maximum 5 points
- Alignment of the startup with EIT ICT Labs action lines – maximum 5 points
Trento RISE will inform selected start-ups of the results via email (using the email address indicated in your application) by December 3, 2013.
Precedence will be given to startups attending the EIT ICT Labs Outreach events in Sofia, Bulgaria (20-21 November, 2013), and in Split, Croatia (28 November, 2013). For more information about these events, please contact Gert Guri.
For more information you can consult the Terms & Conditions of this contest or send an email.