EIT Food is looking for 5 consortia consisting of 3 organisations operating in the same country (scientific organisation + food service provider + packaging company) that would participate in EIT Food RIS Consumer Engagement Labs project to locally implement Consumer Engagement Labs.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The new deadline for applications: 20 September 2021, 3 PM. CEST.
EIT Food RIS Consumer Engagement Labs
Consumer Engagement Labs are pre-competitive co-creation sessions carried out by a relatively coherent group of consumers in a joint, physical/online place and limited in time, focused on the development of new product concepts. More information about the programme can be found HERE.
EIT Food is looking for a consortium consisting of 3 organisations operating in the same country (scientific organisation + food service provider + packaging company) that would participate in EIT Food RIS Consumer Engagement Labs activity in countries covered by this call. Only one consortium can be selected in each of the target countries and the winning consortia will be selected based on the assessment of the submitted applications. Countries targeted by the call are: Croatia, Italy, Poland, Spain, Turkey.
Each consortium should consist of 3 organisations operating in the same country, including:
- scientific organisation (higher education institutions such as university or research institute)
- food service provider (company offering takeaway meals, catering or food delivery services; NACE code I56)
- packaging company (company manufacturing packaging used by food service providers; NACE code C17, C22 and/or C25)
Interested and eligible organisations are invited to submit their applications by 20 September 2021, 3 pm CEST, using the attached EIT Food RIS Consumer Engagement Labs Application Form.
Please send the electronic version of the application, based on the attached template, to: email@example.com.
Benefits for selected organisations
Organisations selected as subcontractors will be offered the following benefits in 2021:
- Ability to benefit from the association with EIT Food and the EIT community (as subcontractors in EIT Food activities), and the brands of EIT Food and the EIT;
- Rights to participate in thematic project meetings, organized by EIT Food and its partners (no membership fees will be required from subcontractors; EIT Food will not cover travel costs to attend internal meetings, but organisations designated as subcontractors can use their assigned budgets to cover these costs);
- Rights to promote the association with EIT Food project, commercialise the product(s) developed as outcomes of the Labs process and introduce them to the market;
- Opportunities for networking with EIT Food partners, including opportunities for joint project ideation and involvement in other EIT Food projects;
- Subcontracting agreement with EIT Food Co-Location Centre with net funding as defined in this call document, contingent upon the delivery of contractual tasks. Payments will be linked to compliance with the contractual tasks and deliverables;
- Knowledge and organisational support of EIT Food, its CLCs and partners in the implementation of the activities planned for each subcontractor of the project.
Becoming a subcontractor in EIT Food project shall be considered an opportunity to become associated with the community of EIT Food, establish relations with EIT Food partners and become better embedded in their activities, as well as to benefit from results of consumer co-creation processes to develop and commercialise innovative products. Subcontractors will also benefit from the increased visibility in their local innovation ecosystems, strengthening their position on the regional and national levels.