Another year of resilience and growth for the EIT Alumni Community.
The EIT Alumni Community celebrated its fifth year under the guidance of the EIT Alumni Board. Even amidst the global pandemic, this year saw the community broaden its outreach, impact and swiftly respond to societal challenges.
In terms of governance, the board welcomed new representatives from EIT RawMaterials Alumni, EIT Climate-KIC Alumni, CommUnity by EIT InnoEnergy and EIT.
A few milestones from 2020
- The network grew by 4 000 members, now reaching over 14 000 members.
- EIT Alumni Connect 2020 on Responsible Consumption and Production was held for the first time online and for the third year its organisation was led by the EIT Alumni members, supported by the EIT.
- The Community amplified experimentations towards the 'challenge solver' concept by the organisation of the first EIT Alumni Challenge: Covid-19 Map & Act. In collaboration with the European Food Safety Authority, they launched a hackathon on Artificial Intelligence solution to detect fake news.
- Major collaborations were strengthened this year with the Marie Curie Alumni Association and the Erasmus Mundus Students & Alumni Association on career development during European Research and Innovation Days.
- Women@EIT launched a Female Leadership webinar series to help women take their leadership and communication skills to the next level in a six-month journey and share how they approach their development journey.